The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » The Archives » The Library » General Guides » How to reach Exalted with the Undercity without ever handing in Runecloth.

General Guides WTB l33t Abr Exp plz! Have no idea what that means? In here you'll find all sorts of 'information' guides - from explaining abbreviations, to A Collector's Guide to Non-Com/Small Pets and the Ten Reasons to Play a Warlock poem.

Comment
How to reach Exalted with the Undercity without ever handing in Runecloth.
Published by Crypt
June 22, 2008
Last Updated
June 21, 2008

Written by Crypt for the sole use on The Warlocks Den.
Link, don't copy and paste!

One of the most commonly complained about mounts in the game seems to be the Blood Elve's Hawkstrider. And not without reason too, I mean really, who wants to ride a techno-colored Emu around? Oddly enough, most of the Blood Elves that dislike the Hawkstrider and seek out an alternative mount, tend to look in the direction of the Undead option. And really, who can blame them!

Being a Warlock allows us the privilege of never having to ride around on the two legged wobblefest, but we don't always want to run around with a big glowing "I'm a Warlock" sign above our heads - PvP is a good example of this. Being one of those that want my bag of bones instead, I set out to raise my Undead faction enough to purchase one. I figured why not document what was needed so that others may benefit. So here it is, my guide to raising your Undead rep. Or basically, what I did to raise mine.

I started this when I was level 60, which by that time I was already at Revered (about 4,500 rep in) so I just needed to complete that reputation level. Blood Elves start out at Friendly instead of Neutral like they do to all other factions, which does give you a mini boost already. Most of the time, if you're level 40 or above, you should be at Revered already. Of course it does depend on where you leveled (if you skipped Hillsbrad, or didn't do Shadowfang Keep for example)

Contents
  1. Raising via quests
    1. Newbie Areas
      1. Tirisfal Glades
      2. Silverpine Forest
    2. Cities
      1. Undercity
      2. Thunderbluff
    3. Other Zones
      1. The Barrens
      2. Hillsbrad Foothills
      3. Other...
  2. Instances
  3. Handing in Cloth

Raising via quests
Completing quests that reward you with Undercity reputation is the best way to get the most bang for your buck. Even at level 60, I was doing the very starting Undead quests (ie the level 1 and 2 quests) for 250 rep a pop! Sweet! You won't get all the way to exalted with quest alone, but every quest you do do is about 5 x Runecloth hand-ins saved. And if you're lazy like me and would rather purchase than farm your Runecloth, that's a fair whack of gold saved by, what is basically, just running around.

Journey to Undercity - As a Blood Elf, you'll want to make sure you grab this quest from High Executor Mavren who's located at Tranquillien in the Ghostlands. The quest is received after handing in The Lady's Necklace and kick starts your reputation by 250.

Newbie areas
Patch 2.0.1 changed the amount of reputation high level characters receive from doing lower level quests from a mere 10% up to the full amount. So now, as a level 40, 60 or even level 70, you can run around doing level 1 quests and still receive the same amount of faction you would get if you did them at the appropriate level. There's two ways you can do these:
  1. Run there when you're a wee little Blood Elf and level while you faction.
  2. Level as you normally would in the Blood Elf zones, then come back when you're a big bad higher level.
If you choose option 2, then you will breeze through and be able to one hit nearly every mob. The hardest part is locating the quests as the yellow exclamation marks won't show due to your level. That's where my handy help comes in - I made a list!

Tip: If you choose option 2, get to at least level 40 first - having at least one mount to run around with makes it a whole lot easier!

Tirisfal Glades
This is your starting point. Here you will have the newbie area of Deathknell (location approx 30,65) and Brill (location approx 60,50).
Deathknell:
Shadow Priest Sarvis:
Novice Elreth:
Deathguard Saltain:
Executor Arren:
Total Rep: 2500!
Total time: About 10 minutes
Once you've completed Deathknell, make your way to Brill. Don't forget to stop past Calvin Montague who is in Deathknell side of the little 'S Bend' you pass through when leaving the newbie area. You'll want to pick up the quest A Rogue's Deal which gives you only 25 reputation, but since you're already on your way to where it asks you to go, it's 25 free rep.

Note: There are actually 2 versions of A Rogue's Deal. One just gets you to deliver a letter, the other makes you fight Calvin first. Just in case you get jumped and weren't sure why....

Just past Calvin you will also see Deathguard Simmer, he gives you the starting quest of the chain Fields of Grief (250 Rep). You will also pass Gordo on the path at some point, who will give you: Gordo's Task (75 Rep).
Brill
Junior Apothecary Holland:
Deathguard Dillinger:
Apothercary Johaan:
Executor Zygand:
The Wanted Poster (Behind Executor Zygand):
Deathguard Burgess:
Magistrate Sevren:
Coleman Farthing:
Gretchen Dedmar:
Total Rep: 4382!
Total time: About 60 minutes
Just down from Brill, on your way to the Undercity, there is a couple of tents. There you will find Deathguard Linnea who will give you two quests: Rear Guard Patrol (150 Rep) and Return to the Magistrate (75 Rep). Also be on the look out for 'A Letter to Yvette' which is a random drop from the Darkeye Bonecasters, Rattlecage Soldiers and Cracked Skull Soldiers - you will be fighting those when you're up around the Mills. The letter begins the quest: A Letter Undelivered (150 Rep).

Silverpine Forest
Stop number two on our quest train!
  • Wand to Bethor (350 Rep)
    This quest comes from 'A Dusty Bookshelf' at the very top of the staircase inside the castle on Fenris Isle. Location approximately 65.3 and 24.8
Rane Yorick:
Deathstalker Erland:
Deathstalker Faerleia:

The Sepulcher
Apothercary Renferrel:
High Executor Hadrec:
Dalar Dawnweaver:
Shadow Priest Allister:
Total Rep: 5965!
Total time: About 60 minutes
Undercity
While you are fighting around the lowbie Undead areas, you might as well complete the Undercity quests at the same time.
  • To Steal From Thieves (250 Rep)
    If you're going to be fighting in Arathi Highlands as you level, or are happy to head back for one quest, then grab this from Genavie Callow from the upper middle ring in the Undercity. You'll find one member of the family in or around the three buildings on the farm. Kenata is almost always inside the house on the hill. Fardel is usually in the stable and Marcel hangs out around the barn. Occassionally he will be inside the barn, but he is usually outside.

Thunderbluff

The Barrens
Most Horde players enter the Barrens at some point or another no matter how much we hate the zone There are two quests there however that raise your Undercity reputation you might want to do:
Total Rep: 400.

Hillsbrad Foothills

Another zone most Horde players will level at is Hillsbrad, which is very handy as there is a lot of Undercity rep to be had! If you did manage to skip it, or only completed some of it and are still in need of more reputation, these are the quests to go complete:

Other Zones
There are also a few other zones you can double check if you haven't played through there while leveling.

Instances
Instances are a good thing to do as you level as it provides invaluable experience in working with others. On top of that, it gives you a different aspect of the game to learn, can provide some very nice upgrades to your equipment and generally larger boosts of reputation due to the difficulty of the quests involved. If you've solo'd your way so far though, you should be able to head in to the lower level instances on your own to complete these quests, or grab a friend if you're still within a decent level range of the mobs involved.

Ragefire Chasm
Wailing Caverns
  • Serpentbloom from Apothecary Zamah in Thunder Bluff. (300 Rep)

Shadowfang Keep

Razorfen Downs

Razorfen Kraul

Scarlet Monastery
  • Into The Scarlet Monastery from Varimathras in the Undercity. (500 Rep)
  • Vorrel's Revenge obtained from Vorrel Sengutz who's in the Graveyard section. (500 Rep)
  • Hearts of Zeal from Master Apothecary Faranell in the Undercity. (500 Rep)
    Note: Must complete Going, Going, Guano! before being able to take this quest.
Uldaman

Handing in Cloth
By leveling normally and doing the lowbie Undead quests, you shouldn't need to hand in stacks of Runecloth to raise your reputation. That said, the first hand in you do for each level awards XP! It's basically free xp too if you already have the cloth on you. Each of the races has a seperate NPC that gives this quest. The NPC is usually located near the tailoring trainers in the race's capital. The first hand in requires 3 x stacks (60 pieces), which you should be able to rummage up without any problems while leveling.

For the Undercity, you want to locate Ralston Farnsley who is standing inner circle side of the ooze ring in The Magic Quarter. Approx location 71 , 29.

And voila! You should now be at Exalted reputation and on your way to pick up your new mount!

Member rating
Quality of InformationN/A
Format/LayoutN/A
Easy to UnderstandN/A
Overall RatingN/A
0 users rated N/A% average
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Crypt For This Useful Post:
Old June 22, 2008, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
Purebalance
80 Human Warlock
Muradin US PvE
Guild: Shadowraven
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: How to reach Exalted with the Undercity without ever handing in Runeclo

Was this pre or post the rep buff? The patch just before BC had increases rep with all current factions by a crazy amount. So anyone who is already a 70 will pretty much have done all of those quests and only be at like revered or so maybe.
Pure Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old June 22, 2008, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

This was done this past week. I actually mention that I was level 60 and already in revered at the very start of the guide if you read the 3rd paragraph. Not all Blood Elves want to wait until level 70 to go back and get their undead mount, in fact, from my research it shows that most that want an Undead mount want it by level 40, and nearly all want it by level 60 if they're going to get it. After all, if you hate the Hawkstrider enough to want another factions mount, you're not exactly going to run around for as long as possible on one are you?

If you don't need to use the guide you don't need to use it, simple. I however wanted my mount at level 60, needed to raise my faction and did so. I just thought I would help out anyone else in the same boat as me from doing all the research themselves.
Crypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2008, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is great. I started to build rep with UC with my BE priest and gave up when i hit revered. I think im going to finish now. Like you I really dont like the BE mount. Thanks for putting the time and effort into this guide.
Phel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2008, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
payno
70 Blood Elf Warlock
whisperwind US PvE
Guild: sharding epics

Great guide!!

Im just wondering if I am doing something wrong here but when I go back and do the deathknell quests, it wont give me credit for killing the quest mobs eg. the Rattling the Rattlecages

Does anyone know why this might be happening??

It has also happend for a few Brill q's also

I thought it had someting to do with being level 70

Cheers
payno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2008, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Purebalance
80 Human Warlock
Muradin US PvE
Guild: Shadowraven
Profile: Blizzard Armory

Oh no I wasn't saying anything bad, I was just curious upon glancing at it. My blood elf is still around 40.
Pure Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2008, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Character Info
Theleb
70 Human Warlock
Shadowsong Euro PvE
Guild: Original

Another good guide!!

(If only I hadn't deleted my Blood Elf Paladin...)
Old June 23, 2008, 07:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Blood Elf Hunter thanks you, immensely!

They're, there, their? Wear, were, where? Test yourself!
Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2008, 08:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Anij
70 Human Warlock
Anvilmar US PvE
Guild: unguilded

I just rolled an UD warlock and a Blood Elf rogue on a new server. I thank in advance. Seriously, what was Blizz thinking when they came up with the idea of having an overgrown pea**** for a mount. It's almost as gay as Blood Elf males....almost.
Old June 23, 2008, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Lavath
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Shadow Council US RP Talent Tree: Destruction

Thank you for saving my Blood Elf rogue the humility of riding a black chocob... chicke... oh hell.. just thank you!!
Lavath is offline   Reply With Quote
Comment