The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Site Information » Site Related » Site 'To Do' List

Site Related Site Updates, Announcements and Suggestions. Please take the time to read posts put in this section to ensure you are kept up to date and to contribute your thoughts and feedback.

Old August 07, 2008, 06:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Site 'To Do' List

There's a lot of things that need to be done around the site, and even more I want to do on top of that. But time is just so limited and I don't have enough of it. In the past I have asked for help on specific things and only heard the symphony of crickets. So I started holding monthly competitions to get the help I needed in the hopes that prizes would be the ingredient needed for success. But as Warpy mentioned, one problem with competitions (i.e. multiple guides being submitted for one topic) is that there's a chance your work will be for nothing: losing guides aren't even going to be made public and will not be read by anyone other than the judges. I can certainly see how this might be discouraging to put aside your WoW time for something that might not be seen.

There are a couple of projects that I can do 'collective guides' with - examples being the Pet Profile Pages. But of course, doing it that way takes a very long time, and there are some projects which really don't suit that format. So I have decided to put together a 'to do' list that will list all the things I'd like to see added to the site. The list will be updated as projects are completed and new ones added, but most importantly, will allow you, the member, to see what I am after and potentially jump in and offer to tackle on of them. This saves me asking for a specific thing each time, and allows you to choose a field you know enough about to be able to write something up.

Note: As I get through my current projects, I will be looking to this list for what to do next. The list will be updated when ever I think of something to add to it, when ever something gets completed, etc.

General Guides
The continue or re-roll guide - a returning Warlocks dilemma!

Originally brought up here, this sort of guide might be helpful to the players returning with the lure of Wrath of the Lich King. Original post:
Quote:
I have a 61 UD priest that I started...oh...about 3.5 years go, and I'm kind of, sort of, getting back to him. What I've noticed, however, is that I feel like I've just completely messed up his gear, talent, profession, and reputation progression to the point that I'm wondering if it would just be better to start over. With all the changes they've made to make levelling easier it might be better to start from scratch with a very specific plan in mind.

Perhaps one could make such a guide for the returning warlock looking to make a fresh start. I see when I've searched there are talent progression suggestions along with gear progression, but one could tie those into suggested quests and instance quests that provides the best exp and drops, etc. I see there are levelling guides in the Den Listing but they seem a little dated. Perhaps they could be updated with new content and refocused for the returning player?
Equipment/Gear Related
Understanding +Spell Crit Guide
Much like the About +Damage Gear, I'm after a guide to explain +Crit gear.

Understanding +Spell Haste
Another guide to explain one of the stats a Warlock looks at

Understanding +Hit
Another guide to explain one of the stats a Warlock looks at.
- Some information to include: What spell hit value do you recommend for an Affliction warlock?

Trinkets Guide
I'd like some sort of page/thread outlining the best trinkets for Warlocks. Perhaps broken into Raiding, PvE etc categories.

Gear Swapping
Brought up in this thread Spell hit - Gear Swapping? - The Warlocks Den Forums, it could be something worth expanding out into a proper post.
  • What gear swapping is
  • Why you would do - +damage heavy items for trash fights, +hit heavy for boss.
  • Give examples of items you might be swapping - trinkets is usually a common one.
  • How to do it - mods to help etc. Explaining how to use said mods
  • Any other information you think should be included.
Talents
Raiding Builds threads

All of the threads under the Raiding Builds section need to be looked over, re-written and improved upon. Go through all the replies, add in the information.
  1. Raiding Builds - 41 / 0 / 20 (Draft 1)
  2. Raiding Builds - 30 / 21 / 10 (Draft 1)
  3. Raiding Builds - 0 / 40 / 21 (Draft 1)
  4. Raiding Builds - 0 / 21 / 40 (Draft 1)
Levelling Build threads

Affliction Levelling
- 'About' the build and how it helps with levelling. Why it's good for levelling etc.
- What talents and in what order. IE levels 10 - 14 take Improved Corruption. Then why you take it, what it helps etc.

Demonology Levelling
- Same as above

Felguard Levelling
- Same as above. Although starts at level 50...

They're, there, their? Wear, were, where? Test yourself!
Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old December 15, 2008, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Character Info
Hasamkadar
70 Undead Death Knight
Anvilmar US PvE
Guild: Crucifiers
Re: Site 'To Do' List

Hi Akasha. I am relatively new to The Den, but you might have seen my replies to some of the posts. I would give an example, but I can't seem to find any of the threads I replied to. Now, at the top of this forum it does say "suggestions", and I have one. Ok. I would like to see on the site a list that lets you view your (or in my case, mine) recent posts. Because I am finding that I comment on something, and then go back the next day to see if anyone has had a comment on my comment, and I despair because I simply cannot find where or what I wrote. Now it could be that I am overlooking something that is embarrassingly accessible, and if so I would like to know where it is. Just a thought.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2008, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quick Links > Your Profile > Statistics Tab > Find all posts by Drew
Smok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2008, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Hasamkadar
70 Undead Death Knight
Anvilmar US PvE
Guild: Crucifiers

Thank you.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2009, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Zeetocht
80 Gnome Warlock
Moonrunner US PvE
Guild: Risen from Darkness
Profile: Blizzard Armory

Did the 'Mark forums as read' button get moved?
Zeetocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2009, 05:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Character Info
Cormanthor
85 Orc Warlock
Undermine US PvE
Talent Tree: Demonology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeetocht View Post
Did the 'Mark forums as read' button get moved?
check the "Quick Links" button at the top of this page.
Old June 24, 2009, 11:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Zeetocht
80 Gnome Warlock
Moonrunner US PvE
Guild: Risen from Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormanthor View Post
check the "Quick Links" button at the top of this page.
Thanks
Zeetocht is offline   Reply With Quote