The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?


Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Guides » Understanding Our Stats » What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

Closed Thread
Old May 12, 2009, 09:59 AM   #121 (permalink)

Character Info
Aily
80 Human Warlock
Doomhammer US PvE
Guild: Arisen
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuity View Post
True, but shouldn't the tooltip (or whatever it is called) show 16.99% instead of 17.00% as it does at the moment, if the hit cap for a rock solid 100% is 446.xx?
Likely it would be 16.995%->16.999% therefore being rounded up due to significant figures.
SINisterW is offline  
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old May 12, 2009, 11:09 AM   #122 (permalink)

Character Info
Koldfeat
85 Undead Warlock
Draenor US PvE
Guild: Trouble
Talent Tree: Demonology
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINisterW View Post
Likely it would be 16.995%->16.999% therefore being rounded up due to significant figures.
That's still no explanation for what he's describing.

Perhaps you have some "/use" macros attached to certain pieces of gear and you swap the gear without realizing it? If you have an overlooked macro replacing the 108 hit trink I see that's approx 4% hit, which would explain the miss rates you claim.
Koldfeat is offline  
Old May 12, 2009, 11:10 AM   #123 (permalink)

Character Info
Aily
80 Human Warlock
Doomhammer US PvE
Guild: Arisen
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldfeat View Post
That's still no explanation for what he's describing.

Perhaps you have some "/use" macros attached to certain pieces of gear and you swap the gear without realizing it? If you have an overlooked macro replacing the 108 hit trink I see that's approx 4% hit, which would explain the miss rates you claim.
I realize.. my only intent was to explain why it would show 17% and not actually be
SINisterW is offline  
Old May 12, 2009, 11:31 AM   #124 (permalink)

Character Info
Majestrix
80 Human Warlock
Kargath US PvE
Guild: Keepers of the Old Ways
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

That's an assumption based on the fact that you know how Blizzard designed the rounding, which you don't.

Maj
__________________
Maj
Majestrix is offline  
Old May 12, 2009, 11:39 AM   #125 (permalink)

Character Info
Aily
80 Human Warlock
Doomhammer US PvE
Guild: Arisen
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestrix View Post
That's an assumption based on the fact that you know how Blizzard designed the rounding, which you don't.

Maj
And wtf is your point? I was actually helping point out the fact that you said it's more like 99.99% even though the tooltip says 17%. Maybe you shouldn't attack for no reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINisterW View Post
*Likely* it would be 16.995%->16.999% therefore being rounded up due to significant figures.
Highlighted, bolded and starred for the people who can't f'ing read.

Last edited by SINisterW; May 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM..
SINisterW is offline  
Old May 12, 2009, 02:10 PM   #126 (permalink)

Character Info
Vacuity
80 Gnome Warlock
Ragnaros Euro PvP
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

ImageShack <-- Soul Fire 9.4% miss
ImageShack <-- Incinerate 3.7% miss
ImageShack <-- Immolate 6.2% miss

These are the screenshots I took. The dps test was not as short as I said in the original post, and the numers were also a bit off. I started this topic when I was at work, and I remembered the %miss wrong. That's my bad.

Also; No, I've got no /use macros.

As said, these screenshots won't prove anything. But I would like to hear from anyone else that might have this problem.
vacuity is offline  
Old May 29, 2009, 09:42 AM   #127 (permalink)

Character Info
Rappelza
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Eldre'Thalas US PvE
Guild: NO REGRET
Profile: Magelo
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

3% change to hit Cataclysm no longer :-(
If I dont have a SPriest and Cataclysm no longer gives me 3% does that mean i have to get to 446 hit with my gear/food or is there another talent
Rappelza is offline  
Old May 29, 2009, 09:46 AM   #128 (permalink)

Character Info
Mandragoria
80 Human Warlock
Ysondre Euro PvP
Guild: CyA Heroes
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

Hey guys, i was wondering, now that almost all Ulduar loots have been discovered, what are the best Hit Items for a 0/13/58 Lock ?

Since i saw the Kiralyn's reply (What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf? - The Warlocks Den Forums), i can't help to imagine what would be the best Hit Gear right now. I'll maybe try to apply his formula to current items, but does anyone have an idea already ?

Thanks ;)

Keabard

@Rappelza : Suppression in the Affliction tree now gives you +3% hit chance to ALL warlock abilities, not just Affliction abilities anymore, since 3.1 ;)

Last edited by Keabard; May 29, 2009 at 11:45 AM..
Keabard is offline  
Old May 29, 2009, 07:37 PM   #129 (permalink)

Character Info
Locktopus
80 Undead Warlock
Kel'Thuzad US PvP
Guild: Mundus Vult Decipi
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

there isn't really any solid "best" gear for hit.
instead what i do is try to get 14% hit so that i'll be hit capped when a boomkin or shadow priest comes to raid. im 0/13/58 atm and i never miss during raids. just make sure you're with a shadow priest or boomkin. misery and imp faerie fire are awesome.

check out Locktopus on Kel'Thuzad US for my gear.
jeffuwee is offline  
Old June 01, 2009, 12:12 PM   #130 (permalink)

Character Info
Imparo
80 Human Warlock
Azjol-Nerub Euro PvE
Guild: Bratt Flaskeføring
Re: What's the Hit cap Mr. Wolf?

Well as i see now, the cataclysm talent reduces the Mana cost of all destruction spells, have Blizzard changed from hit rating to less mana cost, or?
Lirko is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
0/40/31, cap, confused, Gear, Hit, Hit Cap, important, list, mr, obtaining, PvP, rating, warlock, wolf

« - | Stats Primer »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0