The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Guides » Add-ons and Macros » Macro Guide

Old February 03, 2011, 09:31 PM   #111 (permalink)

Character Info
Venthorsnipe
80 Human Warlock
Thunderlord US PvP
Guild: Stone
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: Macro Guide

Hey guys-
I've been leveling a hunter lately, and since I'm awful at programming, macros, computer stuff, etc., was wondering if anyone can help me with one that casts Hunter's Mark and tells my pet to attack in one click? Any help is appreciated.
gjoncay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old February 04, 2011, 01:18 AM   #112 (permalink)

Character Info
Cormanthor
85 Orc Warlock
Undermine US PvE
Talent Tree: Demonology
4.0 Re: Macro Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoncay14 View Post
Hey guys-
I've been leveling a hunter lately, and since I'm awful at programming, macros, computer stuff, etc., was wondering if anyone can help me with one that casts Hunter's Mark and tells my pet to attack in one click? Any help is appreciated.
Code:
# showtooltip
/cast Hunter's Mark
/petattack [nogroup, harm]
This does what you ask, except that your pet will not rampage off when you're in a group.
Old February 04, 2011, 10:39 AM   #113 (permalink)

Character Info
Azhrarn
85 Undead Warlock
Skullcrusher Euro PvE
PvP
Guild: Instant Glory
Talent Tree: Destruction

I saw someone ask for a good working macro to cast soulswap from current target and to exhale on next target.
I haven't been using or completely forgetting using Soulswaps in BG's and arena. I want to get better at arena and would like a macro that is easy to handle.

So far i use a focus macro on mousescroll up, i got a fear macro for shift+focus and on normal use on target.

Is there a way to use soulswap so it swaps dots from my focus, then exhales it on my current target? This way i don't have to keep changing current target.

There was no response on the guy who asked it in this thread before but I would like to know.

And thx, this thread has improved my pvping by 100%

Oh, and my guess for soulswap is that it can only be done by 2 seperate macro's but not sure on that.
Old February 04, 2011, 03:50 PM   #114 (permalink)

Character Info
Cormanthor
85 Orc Warlock
Undermine US PvE

I haven't tested this, but according to Warlock Macros in Cataclysm | Cynwise's Battlefield Manual, this macro should work:
Code:
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/focus [@mouseover]
/cast [@target] soul swap
/cast [@focus] soul swap
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/clearfocus [@focus,dead]
Again, I cannot vouch for the macro, but if it works for you, please let us know.
Old February 05, 2011, 08:32 AM   #115 (permalink)

Character Info
Azhrarn
85 Undead Warlock
Skullcrusher Euro PvE
PvP
Guild: Instant Glory
Talent Tree: Destruction

Hmm, tested it and it does not work.
Basically what I do is, i set focus with my mousewheel, then I select my target, cast DoTs on him. Then I press the macro, it does soulswap the DoTs, but I can't press it again to exhale. The name of the spell also changed to Soul Swap Exhale. I changed the name of the 2nd soulwap (i.e. Exhale) but still the macro button doesn't let me swap it to the focus unless I select him manually.

When I see the commandlines in the macro it should put focus on mouseover, then if you have a target and cast dots you should be able to press the button and it will inhale the dots, then when you press it a second time it should follow /cast [@focus] Soul Swap Exhale.

For some reason it doesn't recognize it.

Any other ideas?
Old February 05, 2011, 12:43 PM   #116 (permalink)

Character Info
Kimbra
80 Gnome Warlock
Ravenholdt Euro RP PvP
Guild: Šeus lo Vult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrarn View Post
Hmm, tested it and it does not work.
Basically what I do is, i set focus with my mousewheel, then I select my target, cast DoTs on him. Then I press the macro, it does soulswap the DoTs, but I can't press it again to exhale. The name of the spell also changed to Soul Swap Exhale. I changed the name of the 2nd soulwap (i.e. Exhale) but still the macro button doesn't let me swap it to the focus unless I select him manually.

When I see the commandlines in the macro it should put focus on mouseover, then if you have a target and cast dots you should be able to press the button and it will inhale the dots, then when you press it a second time it should follow /cast [@focus] Soul Swap Exhale.

For some reason it doesn't recognize it.

Any other ideas?
Same problem!!

I solved this way:

#showtooltip Soul Swap
/tar [@focus,exists]
/click ActionButton1
/targetlasttarget

ActionButton1 where is i put the spell Soul swap.

Put in button 1 spell Soul Swap, in button 2 the macro.
Push button 1 for Soul swap on target, push button 2 for Soul Swap on focus!
Kimbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2011, 01:53 PM   #117 (permalink)

Character Info
Jvskill
85 Gnome Warlock
Haomarush US PvP
Guild: Bound by Blood
Cata Re: Macro Guide

Here's a good macro for all the buffs you'll need.

Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence [@target, exists, nomod][target=noexists, @pet, nomod] Fel Armor, Soul Link, Dark Intent
/castsequence [@target, exists, mod:shift][target=noexists, @pet, mod:shift] Demon Armor, Soul Link, Dark Intent
It Provides either Fel Armor or Demon Armor first depending on whether or not Shift is used. Then it will provide Soul Link, then it will cast Dark Intent on yourself and whichever friendly you have selected, if no friendly is selected (like in PVP situations) it will cast DI on your pet.

Let me know how it works for everyon
jvskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 05, 2011, 02:54 PM   #118 (permalink)

Character Info
Zutto
80 Gnome Warlock
Terrokar US PvE
Re: Macro Guide

To make the soul swap macro work you need to do 2 things. first Load out all addons make sure you dont have soul swap any where on your bar..... and then unlearn glyph of soul swap. then use soul swap unglyphed ( while you have buff on and out of combat ) relearn glyph now you are ready to use macro PS you can not use macro if you have soul swap on any bar :-)
Zutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 06, 2011, 12:52 AM   #119 (permalink)

Character Info
Venthorsnipe
80 Human Warlock
Thunderlord US PvP
Guild: Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormanthor View Post
Code:
# showtooltip
/cast Hunter's Mark
/petattack [nogroup, harm]
This does what you ask, except that your pet will not rampage off when you're in a group.
Thanks! I know this is an incredibly simple macro, but, like I said, I'm pretty bad when it comes to this stuff.
gjoncay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2011, 01:50 AM   #120 (permalink)

Character Info
Cormanthor
85 Orc Warlock
Undermine US PvE

Posted a few updates to the macro commands and conditionals, as well as basic instruction clarification and updating the examples.