The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Gear Discussion » honor points and (flying) mounts

Gear Discussion Guides and discussions on everything a Warlock wears. Your learning center for being the best dressed Warlock in town!

Old January 18, 2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
BIgguss
85 Gnome Warlock
Ner'zhul US PvP
Talent Tree: Demonology
honor points and (flying) mounts

Greetings.

Consider: currently I am under the impression that the flying mount will require riding skill.

We do not get riding skill from the our flamin' ponies.

I have not done the dreadsteed quest.

I do think I have enough points for one of those mounts I can purchase in the Hall of Legends. These suchandsuches of War are the 100% speed increase mounts, right?

Does it seem logical to spend a bit of gold and get a lower mount, than honor points for one of these 100% mounts, so that I can have riding skill for whenever the heck it would be that I get a flying mount?

Comments welcome.

Thanks
Uzern is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old January 18, 2007, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: honor points and (flying) mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzern View Post
currently I am under the impression that the flying mount will require riding skill.
Yes they do, it's been stated by Blizzard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzern View Post
We do not get riding skill from the our flamin' ponies.
Yes we do.

From the Felsteed page:
http://wowmb.net/index.php?page=Felsteed

The other benefit to us getting a special mount, is once you obtain it, you are automatically given the Apprentice riding skill which is a saving of approximately 80 gold (non-discounted). Once you have the skill, you can go and purchase your normal faction mount for around 10g if you want to...

From the Dreadsteed page:
http://wowmb.net/index.php?page=Felsteed

Q) Do I have to purchase the riding skill before I do my quest?
A) Although patch 1.12.1 changed the way riding skills and mounts were purchased, Warlocks have always received their riding skill upon completion of their quest, and this is still the way it works. Once you complete the final stage of the Dreadsteed quest and the spell is in your spell book, you are automatically given the Journeyman (150) riding skill.

Last edited by Lokee; January 18, 2007 at 05:41 PM..
Lokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2007, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
BIgguss
85 Gnome Warlock
Ner'zhul US PvP

Whoa

Didn't know we got riding skill, thank you.

So, guess the question is would it be worth spending my honor points and save me time if I simply purchase a 100% speed increase mount instead of spending gold/time on dreadsteed?

I'm inclined to spend as little time on anything other than levelling and whanot in Outland.

Thanks again.
Uzern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2007, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Hym
70 Human Warlock
Khadgar US PvE
Guild: The High Council

I think the majority of warlocks on the site, myself included, would suggest you finish the dreadsteed quest simply for the fact that it's warlock-only. It's a class-defining mount. Get it.

Always.
TDom2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2007, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Arric
85 Human Warlock
Blackhand US PvE
Guild: Stormforge

Uzern....You need to complete your Dreadsteed quest to get the 150 riding skill. You cant just buy the "Fast" mount, you won't have the riding skill.

Now you can also buy the riding skill (this is what everyone else has to do [except Pally's]) for......what? about 900 gold?

This will allow you several different mounts at a reasonable price once you have the riding skill. Before the change the mount costs were about 900g for EACH one.
Arric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2007, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Character Info
Theurgist
60 Human Warlock
Dethecus US PvP

The cost of Journeyman Riding (what you need for a fast mount) was reduced to 540g if honored. If you add up all the cost of the dreadsteed components it is actually starting to look competitive (esp if you buy the BG mount as it now only costs 90 marks of honor (30 from each BG) and zlich $$.
Theurgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2007, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Theurgist
60 Human Warlock
Dethecus US PvP

BTW this will answer most of your questions on the regular mounts:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mounts
Theurgist is offline   Reply With Quote