The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Gear Discussion » Best in slot(BiS) warlock items list?

Gear Discussion Guides and discussions on everything a Warlock wears. Your learning center for being the best dressed Warlock in town!

Old May 30, 2009, 12:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

3.1 Re: Best in slot(BiS) warlock items list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Lockman, you would do better to phase out the need for hit from your talents and put those points into the recommended 0/13/58 spec to improve your overall dps and raid friendliness (assuming you use the imp soul leech spec)
Yeah probably but atm there is never certaint if we have a moonkin/spriest in our raid and the 446 hit, even though i have lot of hit gear, does seem bit of a stretch..

Edit: Ok it wasn't nearly bad as i thought to get to max hit cap. xD

Though now im torn between Emerald signet ring (34 hit) and dying curse (71 hit) (plus a different gem in one slot) or
lady maye's sapphire ring (0 hit) and elemental focus stone (108 hit) to get 446-447 hit when no moonkin/spriest in raid.
If there are one of those i have IotD.

Last edited by lockman; May 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM..
lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old June 04, 2009, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

Character Info
Infekted
85 Gnome Warlock
aerie peak Euro PvE
Guild: Reflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman View Post
Yeah probably but atm there is never certaint if we have a moonkin/spriest in our raid and the 446 hit, even though i have lot of hit gear, does seem bit of a stretch..

Edit: Ok it wasn't nearly bad as i thought to get to max hit cap. xD

Though now im torn between Emerald signet ring (34 hit) and dying curse (71 hit) (plus a different gem in one slot) or
lady maye's sapphire ring (0 hit) and elemental focus stone (108 hit) to get 446-447 hit when no moonkin/spriest in raid.
If there are one of those i have IotD.
The hit cap with the 3% raid buff and a draenei 1% buff is 341.
If you dont have said buffs then there's something wrong with your guild... =S
Infekted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2009, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Character Info
Gellert
80 Orc Warlock
Chromaggus US PvP
Guild: Ars Brute Squad
Profile:

Assuming 0/13/58, with a Shadow Priest or Moonkin for 3% hit, and horde faction, the following is the best set that I could come up with.

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

Here's the list:

Head: Conqueror's Deathbringer Hood + Chaotic Skyflare Diamond + Runed Scarlet Ruby (EoC Vendor or Heroic Thorim)
Neck: Pendant of Fiery Havoc + Veiled Monarch Topaz (Heroic Hard Flame Leviathan)
Shoulders: Conqueror's Deathbringer Shoulderpads + Rigid Autumn's Glow (Heroic Yogg-Saron)
Back: Drape of Mortal Downfall + Reckless Monarch Topaz (Heroic Hard Iron Council)
Chest: Conqueror's Deathbringer Robe + Runed Scarlet Ruby + Reckless Monarch Topaz (EoC Vendor or Heroic Hodir)
Wrist: Grasps of Reason + Runed Scarlet Ruby (Heroic Hard XT-002 Deconstructor)
Hands: Pulsar Gloves + Runed Scarlet Ruby + Runed Scarlet Ruby (Normal Algalon)
Waist: Sash of Ancient Power + Purified Twilight Opal + Runed Scarlet Ruby (Crafted BoE)
Legs: Conqueror's Deathbringer Leggings + Runed Scarlet Ruby + Runed Scarlet Ruby (Heroic Emalon the Storm Watcher or Heroic Freya)
Feet: Boots of Fiery Resolution + Runed Scarlet Ruby + Reckless Monarch Topaz (Heroic Hard Flame Leviathan)
Ring: Nebula Band + Runed Scarlet Ruby (Normal Algalon)
Ring: Conductive Seal + Purified Twilight Opal (Heroic Hard Mimiron)
Trinket: Illustration of the Dragon Soul (Heroic Sartharion)
Trinket: Flare of the Heavens (Heroic Hard General Vezax)
Main Hand: Starshard Edge + Runed Scarlet Ruby (Heroic Hard Mimiron or Heroic Algalon)
Off Hand: Ironmender (Heroic Kologarn)
Ranged: Petrified Ivy Sprig + Runed Scarlet Ruby (Normal Hard Freya)

I used stat weights from here to compare different configurations, and determine the best one.

I decided to go with two non-hit trinkets, because I think those are the best. If you want to use a hit trinket to compose a set, some of the rest of the items will have to change to reduce the hit rating back to 14%.

If anyone can come up with a better gear set, I'd love to see it!

For an unbuffed Orc, when fully gemmed and enchanted (no profession specific bonuses) the total stats come to:

Stamina: 1042
Intellect: 1008
Spirit: 570

Spell Power: 2386

Hit Rating: 367
Critical Strike Rating: 487
Haste Rating: 517

It is interesting to me that you can get 5 of the items without doing any more than Heroic Flame Leviathan, and two more if you can kill FL with four towers. Get to work!
happyraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2009, 12:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Character Info
Trytan
80 Orc Warlock
Windrunner US PvE
Guild: Simple Jesters
Profile: Blizzard Armory

According to Wowhead stickies, this is supposed to be the best gear setup pre-Algalon with no hit talents or a draenei (since horde does not have access to a draenei, aliance, feel free to replace some hit). It includes but is not limited to 10m and 25m Ulduar hard mode gear.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you do not have access to the PvP weapon, Runescribed Blade is best for non - JCs, and Staff of Endless Winter is best for JCs. Also, i have seen a few pieces pop up (like the 10m mimi hard mode weapon, have to look at its stats) that the poster on Wowhead did not mention.
Trytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2009, 02:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

Character Info
Gellert
80 Orc Warlock
Chromaggus US PvP
Profile:
Re: Best in slot(BiS) warlock items list?

That's definitely not the best set, it is missing three ilevel 239 pieces which drop from Ulduar hard modes (not Algalon). I'm waiting on chardev to update with a couple of new items and then I'll be posting an updated list with a few changes from my first one.
Old June 23, 2009, 05:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Character Info
Trytan
80 Orc Warlock
Windrunner US PvE
Guild: Simple Jesters
Profile: Blizzard Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyraul View Post
That's definitely not the best set, it is missing three ilevel 239 pieces which drop from Ulduar hard modes (not Algalon). I'm waiting on chardev to update with a couple of new items and then I'll be posting an updated list with a few changes from my first one.
I updated the bracers and gems after doing some math with weighting presets. If you could name (and even possibly link) the other 2 items you are talking about, it would be much appreciated.

Edit: Ok, i have came up with a separate sheet with a lil different set up to include more ulduar hard mode gear. http://chardev.org/?template=215821

http://chardev.org/?template=215929 is the link to the old BiS with updated bracers.

Edit: Crunched the numbers, and it seems that the new set with more ulduar hard mode gear is better than the old work up using the OS 25m + 2d cape and dying curse.

Edit: Ok, i totally forgot to add in the 2nd equip bonus for Dying Curse, and with the value of that added in, the old set up using Dying Curse and the cape from Sarth +2d 25m is better than using more uldaur hard mode gear.

Last edited by Trytan; June 23, 2009 at 06:28 PM..
Trytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2009, 12:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

Character Info
Gellert
80 Orc Warlock
Chromaggus US PvP
Profile:
Re: Best in slot(BiS) warlock items list?

The three I was referring to were the Drape of Mortal Downfall (replaces Sarth cape), the Grasps of Reason (replaces Sarth bracers), and the Conductive Seal (ring). In addition, the Starshard Edge is a hardmode Mimiron drop (also Algalon, but not exclusive to Algalon) so it can be included as well. Not that hardmode Mimiron is any more likely for most people than Algalon, but it fits your criteria.