The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Gear Discussion » I'm looking for a BiS List for Affliction.

Gear Discussion Guides and discussions on everything a Warlock wears. Your learning center for being the best dressed Warlock in town!

Old April 21, 2010, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
Lylyann
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Korgath-PvP US PvP
Guild: Placeholder
Profile: Blizzard Armory
3.3 I'm looking for a BiS List for Affliction.

I just joined a 9/12 Hardmode guild recently, and began getting gear handed to me. I have gone up 400 Spellpower in the last few days and I'm to the point where I need a BiS list to start looking at.

I have looked everywhere and there are atleast 4-5 BiS Lists, but which one is truely correct? Any ideas here?

I have been using Profiler - Wowhead which still leaves me .06 under the hit cap.

I have also seen Dots and you: The Affliction Warlock Thread - Elitist Jerks if you look under gear where it says "What is the best T10 gear compilation"?

Then there's Profiler - Wowhead

Completely stumped here..
UDMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old April 21, 2010, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Character Info
DoomOracle
80 Undead Warlock
Cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Redemption in Depravity
Talent Tree: Affliction
Re: I'm looking for a BiS List for Affliction.

Here's what I'm currently using:
Profiler - Wowhead

What follows is BiS for affliction warlocks post 3.3.3. There are two fairly close balances that could tip either way depending on any additional warlock changes. The first is between using the Tier pants or gloves, and the second is between a choice of bracers, rings, and weapons.

Head: Sanctified Dark Coven Hood
BiS even without the bonuses.

Neck: Blood Queen's Crimson Choker
Bone Sentinel's Amulet comes close, and Amulet of Silent Eulogy can provide hit if it's needed.

Shoulder: Sanctified Dark Coven Shoulderpads
2nd BiS by 10dps even without bonuses.

Back: Frostbinder's Shredded Cape
Greatcloak of the Turned Champion is 10dps behind, and may be better for a Demo warlock.

Chest: Sanctified Dark Coven Robe
2nd BiS by 5dps even without bonuses.

Wrist: The Lady's Brittle Bracers
Death Surgeon's Sleeves are top, but have no hit. I'd take them if I got Rigormortis (BiS pre H LK). Ether-Soaked Bracers are almost the same DPS value, though they have less hit.

Hands: Sanctified Dark Coven Gloves
Poorly itemized like the T10 legs, but needed for tier bonuses. Gunship Captain's Mittens are a good alternative, but fall behind Plaguebringer's Stained Pants by about 20dps. I'd need a 264 token for my legs before I could even roll on these, though.

Waist: Crushing Coldwraith Belt
BiS with no challengers.

Legs: Plaguebringer's Stained Pants
See hands. These are better than Gunship Captain's mittens as an offpiece. These are the ONLY upgrade to Leggings of Woven Death.

Feet: Plague Scientist's Boots
BiS with no competitors. The normal and heroic versions are 1st and 2nd BiS with my Sandals of the Mourning Widow a close third.

Finger: Ashen Band of Endless Destruction
Finger: Memory of Malygos

Valanar's Other Signet Ring and Ring of Rapid Ascent are only a few DPS behind. Valanar's Other Signet Ring goes well with Ether-Soaked Bracers as a way to make up the hit.

Trinket: Dislodged Foreign Object
Trinket: Muradin's Spyglass

Nothing even touches DFO. Honorable mention goes to Nevermelting Ice Crystals which can be used for massive rolling corruptions on certain fights (really only BQL, Rotface, and Festergut).
Since the change to Phylactery of the Nameless Lich went through, that became a close 3rd.

Main Hand: Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony
Aside from dreams of heroic LK kills... Rigormortis is a distant second, followed by Frozen Bonespike.

Off Hand: Shadow Silk Spindle
Sundial of Eternal Dusk is a few dps behind, but has spirit.

Wand: Corpse-Impaling Spike
Nightmare Ender is 2nd, but over 20dps behind.
Like what you see? Support the Den
Falcrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2010, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
Evictoray
80 Undead Warlock
US PvP

That was a waste of time. He is starting HM and BiS is very subjective depending on what you are starting with and what you have access to.
Evictoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2010, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Lylyann
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Korgath-PvP US PvP
Guild: Placeholder
3.3 Re: I'm looking for a BiS List for Affliction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evictoray View Post
That was a waste of time. He is starting HM and BiS is very subjective depending on what you are starting with and what you have access to.
First off, that was not a waste of time, go armory me, I'm 9/12 HM almost 3000 SP unbuffed. How the hell is that "Just starting"? I have access to almost all of the loot. Secondly, I am not a he.

Thank you for the list.

Last edited by UDMarion; April 22, 2010 at 01:09 AM..
UDMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2010, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Ohsoevil
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Whisperwind US PvE
Guild: CobraKai

I went with a slightly different set.
Profiler - Wowhead

i know its using 264's and the hit ring (which i picked up for pretty much free). It has a very high amount of haste w/ a good spellpower equalizer. I got H rigormortis today and will be using that till we basically have H LK25 on farm (lol).

assuming i get bloodsurge, i'd be using this:
Profiler - Wowhead
Einherjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2010, 03:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Character Info
Odolocks
85 Dwarf Warlock
Proudmoore US PvE
Guild: Non Combat Pets
Profile: WoW Rankings
Talent Tree: Demonology Destruction

Destro 0/13/58 Profiler - Wowhead
Affliction Profiler - Wowhead
Demo Profiler - Wowhead

These are based on simcraft theory.
chinsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2010, 06:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
lilsteele
80 Human Warlock
Terenas Euro PvE

3.3 Compendium - Elitist Jerks

This seems to be the currently best source of trinket comparison, and also has some solid T10 BiS lists.

One of the questions is whether or not to include the heroic LK weapon. If not, heroic Rigormortis seems to be the second best weapon in game, or the non-heroic LK weapon if you don't need the hit.

If you're unsure you can always simulate profiles against eachother to be sure.

I think ICC BiS gear lists are pretty useful (compared to many others):
1. With the gradually increasing buff, more and more people will actually get access to heroic gear
2. There's not much to come in the next month, and I would be surprised if this gear wasn't able to carry you straight to 85.
lilsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2010, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
DoomOracle
80 Undead Warlock
Cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Redemption in Depravity
Talent Tree: Affliction

There's another use for BiS lists: spreading gear among the guild in the most efficient way possible. Knowing what everyone wants most allows you to roll on gear without stepping all over eachother's toes.

One of the biggest issues with including a heroic LK weapon or not is that if you don't include his weapon the alternative is Rigormortis, which has hit. That then changes the whole BiS list. Then again, the ICC buff keeps going up. It won't be too long before everyone who really wants to can get to him.

I don't think I mentioned earlier, but the list is based off simcraft values for BiS gear. I plug the numbers into lootrank, and downrate hit until I get a list of gear that has vaguely the right amount on it. Then I grab the pieces that give me the highest overall lootrank score, plug that set into simcraft, and go back to lootrank to plug the new numbers in and make adjustments.

Now, if only they would fix rawr to work for warlocks, this would all be much easier.
Like what you see? Support the Den

Last edited by Falcrist; April 22, 2010 at 07:32 AM..
Falcrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2010, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Ominousicity
80 Orc Warlock
Draenor US PvE
Guild: eXtinction Services
Talent Tree: Destruction

Falcrist, as always, appreciated your listing earlier. Wish that another person hadn't flamed it, but what can you do. Please continue to put in your two cents, as I always find it useful.
Old April 22, 2010, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
Ngatayou
85 Gnome Warlock
Khadgar US PvE
Guild: Little Rascals
Talent Tree: Destruction

OP is horde.

So you need 14% hit on gear.

Differences between the off set pieces is negligible, but I disagree with anybody wasting item budget on hit from the off-set piece.

Profiler - Wowhead

This is a hit capped set-up.

There's tons of alternatives out there, but personally this is what I'm shooting for.

Realistically, it's not really feasible outside of guilds farming heroic LK 25 to ever fulfill this list. The 277 T10 tokens are dropped 1 at a time......and I know in our case we are focusing on getting our tanks into 277 T10 then our top DPS who are all melee. Fury and Feral damage is quite a bit higher than just about everybody right now.
Tragik is offline   Reply With Quote