The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Gear Discussion » rDPS Demonology BIS List

Gear Discussion Guides and discussions on everything a Warlock wears. Your learning center for being the best dressed Warlock in town!

Old May 15, 2010, 02:24 PM   #21 (permalink)

Character Info
Evictoray
80 Undead Warlock
US PvP
3.3 Re: rDPS Demonology BIS List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellman View Post
It won't change much the choices, but a little, depends also what gear you can reach, but if you use simcraft to detect those small differencies, then why not use more accurate rDPS weights if 25man is your main focus. And as I said in earlier post losing the set bonus is still not worth it.
Interesting. What are you exact simcrafted stat weights pDPS vs rDPS?
Evictoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old May 16, 2010, 03:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

I fail to see how increased Hps or PWS has anything to do with a discussion about Raid Damage Per Second. sounds like a separate thread conversation.

Also Haste really doesnt affect demonic pact unless you want to factor in the proc of SP trinks or your ring.

Jenren22 came up with some general stat weight increases for working with DP. However you can also see if your raid dps increases based on you gear by loading your entire raid into the simulation. You can also average out your casters' SP scale factor more accurately than the below method.

Simulationcraft question

unfortunately im having trouble loading wowhead profiles to my sims right now otherwise i would compare madlax's to your OP. seems like the only answer to the question of 'what is the BiS for rDPS?' is by running sims of different sets and to see which one comes out first. for the raid not personal. if pdps results in more of a net gain of dps then it is also rdps bis. everything else is off topic.
Lorewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 07:48 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuron View Post
Using the 277 weapons.

Using Archus as a base line.

Weapon Choice Sp Has Spirit Int Crit
Archus 1052 141 141 188 0
Bloodsurge 1101 139 68 159 55
Difference 49 -2 -73 -29 55
Dying Light 974 141 141 176 0
Difference -78 0 0 -12 0
Using the MH + OH gives you a 4.9 demonic pact but a loss of lots of haste and spirit.

Using Dying Light looses 7.8 demonic pact (QQ) and a loss of 12 spirit.
It gives 4.9 DP AND 49sp to yourself, losing 2 haste is not "lots", and 73spirit gives 47sp nothing more, which covers the 49sp from MH making them equal so far, then what's left is 55crit from bloodsurge. Same with dying light, you don't lose only 7.8sp from DP, but 78sp to yourself(so 6*7.8sp+78sp=125sp>200dps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evictoray View Post
Interesting. What are you exact simcrafted stat weights pDPS vs rDPS?
Actually I'm not in 25man raiding guild, and sometimes use destro too so I try to balance gear between those. But if that would be my main focus, I guess I would just multiply SP and spirit weight by 150%(just cause it's a nice round number and i'd assume usual raid has at least 6 caster dps). But current weights would be:
pDPS HasteRating=1.8263, SpellDamage=1.7695, Spirit=1.1445, CritRating=1.0977, Intellect=0.6072, Stamina=0.2603
rDPS HasteRating=1.8263, SpellDamage=2.6543, Spirit=1.7168, CritRating=1.0977, Intellect=0.6472, Stamina=0.3003
Spellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 07:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellman View Post
It gives 4.9 DP AND 49sp to yourself, losing 2 haste is not "lots", and 73spirit gives 47sp nothing more, which covers the 49sp from MH making them equal so far, then what's left is 55crit from bloodsurge. Same with dying light, you don't lose only 7.8sp from DP, but 78sp to yourself(so 6*7.8sp+78sp=125sp>200dps).
Wasnt an attempt to say which set up is better just to state the facts.

The lots referred to the spi not the haste, I put it the wrong way round.

Last edited by emuron; May 18, 2010 at 07:37 AM..
emuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 09:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Character Info
Evictoray
80 Undead Warlock
US PvP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalk View Post
Jenren22 came up with some general stat weight increases for working with DP. However you can also see if your raid dps increases based on you gear by loading your entire raid into the simulation. You can also average out your casters' SP scale factor more accurately than the below method.
I honestly think loading your caster group into simcraft is the only way to some up with
an optimized rDPS gear set. I don't think there is any way to generate accurate rDPS stat weights.
Old May 18, 2010, 07:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

Re: rDPS Demonology BIS List

I think as far as the bis discussion goes you are right. i think rdps stat weights can be used for other things like rhadatip.

I don't know how you make your fancy bar graphs of two separate simulations exhibiting total dps but once i figure it out i will run that! also once i update the program so it loads wowhead profiles.....
Lorewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 08:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

Character Info
Evictoray
80 Undead Warlock
US PvP

You can pull all of your guildies into simcraft at once right the armory, but I prefer to pull their pve armory into wowhead and store them there for import. If you use the armory, and they have logged out in pvp gear when you sit down to do some sims, it's a pain. The only limitation is having a maximum of 10 wowhead profiles, but that's enough to cover a 10m or the casters in a 25m.

So once you run your sim, simcraft creates an html file of those results. When you open that file you can highlight and copy the graphs for pasting.
Old July 07, 2010, 10:49 AM   #28 (permalink)

Character Info
Isarac
80 Human Warlock
Burning Legion US PvP
Guild: Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evictoray View Post
You can pull all of your guildies into simcraft at once right the armory, but I prefer to pull their pve armory into wowhead and store them there for import. If you use the armory, and they have logged out in pvp gear when you sit down to do some sims, it's a pain. The only limitation is having a maximum of 10 wowhead profiles, but that's enough to cover a 10m or the casters in a 25m.

So once you run your sim, simcraft creates an html file of those results. When you open that file you can highlight and copy the graphs for pasting.
Don't forget that ret paladins (very slightly) and enhancement shamans also benefit from Demonic Pact. The effect is less than a caster of course. However, to truly simulate these intricate choices for rDPS, those considerations should be included.

From my last Simcraft, our enhancement shaman and paladin gain 1.12 DPS and 0.17 DPS per point of SP, respectively. Those two combined equal roughly 60% of a typical caster's benefit.
Isarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 07, 2010, 11:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

Demonology, releasing the demon in you. - Page 2 - Elitist Jerks
discusses how to arrive at stat weights, got the warloco stamp of approval on pg 5.
when i load my raid in I include pally tanks, ret pallies and our enh shammy too(maybe a dk if we had one) in addition to casters.
Profiler - Wowhead discussed at Demonology, releasing the demon in you. - Page 4 - Elitist Jerks
here is new rdps with RS and LK considered.

really wish i didnt pass on Amulet of the Silent Eulogy - Item - World of Warcraft all those times now!

Last edited by Lrrwok; July 07, 2010 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: stat weights verified by loco
Lrrwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2010, 06:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Character Info
Kooze
80 Gnome Warlock
Detheroc US PvP
Guild: Divine

What kind of stats are we looking to stack as a demo warlock?

Obviously the BiS isn't always an option, so what are the generally guidelines for gearing demonology?