The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Gear Discussion » Which 359 tailor pants?

Gear Discussion Guides and discussions on everything a Warlock wears. Your learning center for being the best dressed Warlock in town!

Old January 06, 2011, 12:56 AM   #11 (permalink)

Character Info
Urkanos
80 Orc Warlock
Ahn'Qiraj Euro PvP
Guild: Tainted Blood
Profile:
Talent Tree: Destruction
Re: Which 359 tailor pants?

Im a maxed out tailor too, are all the epics we need from the vendor in Twilight Highlands? Cause I dont have that belt yet.
Urkanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old January 06, 2011, 01:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Character Info
Cruciarius
90 Undead Warlock
Durotan US PvE
Guild: Tortured Souls
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Demonology
4.0 Re: Which 359 tailor pants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urkanos View Post
Im a maxed out tailor too, are all the epics we need from the vendor in Twilight Highlands? Cause I dont have that belt yet.
Yes, I got the recipe from the vendor in Twilight Highlands.
Cruciarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2011, 01:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Character Info
Vanamman
80 Blood Elf Warlock
cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Ambition
Profile:

2600 is the haste threshold assuming you have ISF and DI, which if you are playing your lock right you will achieve easily. I as of now have 2712 with those 2 buffs active at all times and i only have 2 epic pieces from rep. The rest is 346 and a few 333 still. So once you hit that threshold than you will definitely be reforging to crit, just be sure to keep that threshold.
Old January 06, 2011, 03:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

Character Info
Phammy
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Gorgonnash US PvP
Guild: SMASH SQUAD
Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanamman View Post
2600 is the haste threshold assuming you have ISF and DI, which if you are playing your lock right you will achieve easily. I as of now have 2712 with those 2 buffs active at all times and i only have 2 epic pieces from rep. The rest is 346 and a few 333 still. So once you hit that threshold than you will definitely be reforging to crit, just be sure to keep that threshold.
I doubt you have that much haste unless your other stats are gimped, including your hit, since I'm at hit cap, and have 5 epics. I'm no where near the 2600 haste threshold. (Not gemming straight haste, but mixed gems and going for socket bonus))
And besides, its 2600(rounded down. Don't remember exact number, but that's unbuffed haste. No procs, no DI, no 5% haste buff or ISF, but. If you mean you have that much haste PLUS those buffs, then nvm.

Still don't believe you can have that much haste with only 2 epics....
phammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2011, 06:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
jbh

Character Info
jarobh
85 Human Warlock
Terokkar Euro Guild: Jane Doe
Talent Tree: Affliction

Quote:
Originally Posted by phammy View Post
I doubt you have that much haste unless your other stats are gimped, including your hit, since I'm at hit cap, and have 5 epics. I'm no where near the 2600 haste threshold. (Not gemming straight haste, but mixed gems and going for socket bonus))
And besides, its 2600(rounded down. Don't remember exact number, but that's unbuffed haste. No procs, no DI, no 5% haste buff or ISF, but. If you mean you have that much haste PLUS those buffs, then nvm.

Yeah, there's just no way to reach that haste with 2 epics and rest blues. I have currently 2 epics and i'm sitting on 1270 haste. Could reforge some more stuff to haste and maybe get it up to 1400-1500, but thats it.
jbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2011, 08:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Character Info
Jenerena
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Executus Euro PvP
Guild: Deliverance
Re: Which 359 tailor pants?

I think the haste pants are the safest bet. I see you already have those now anyway. I do want to make the point though that if you can make the crafted pants, you might as well. Our guild actually started with BoT and we had a few dps issues on the 3rd boss, we hadn't touched BWD at that point so it depends on your guilds progression path. I also noticed the Magmaw legs the other day and they are a minor upgrade, but I have been wearing the crafted pants for a couple of weeks now and I think they were definitely worth it for the 4 or so raids I have done in that time. I like to think things that you can get without any RNG thrown in are worth going for, as long as you don't bend over backwards gold-wise to get it (like the DMC: volcano, IMO anyway).

Haste still seems to scale higher for me even though I am miles off 2600 haste. Taking extra dot ticks out of the equation completely, haste still has huge benefit in the form of lowering cast times and reducing the time between dot ticks. The haste plots I get in simcraft are a little wobbly, but it still scales better than crit/mastery. But I'm a demo lock. Just trust your scale factors and you'll be sorted.
Jenren22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2011, 11:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

Character Info
Dyson
85 Worgen Warlock
Korgath US PvP
Guild: Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenren22 View Post
I...Our guild actually started with BoT and we had a few dps issues on the 3rd boss, we hadn't touched BWD at that point so it depends on your guilds progression path. ...
You may want to consider talking your raid leader into trying BWD. Council (3rd boss) on BoT is a significantly harder fight than Magmaw, Omnotron, and Maloriak and probably even Conclave in Throne of the four winds. If you have limited time, and raid more than 1 night a week, I'd recommend mixing up your instances. Epic gear makes a huge difference in DPS and healing, and makes the later fights easier. Also, the more bosses you down, the more likely you will get that odd piece of gear that no one needs and can turn into a delicious maelstrom crystal to feed into buying the power torrent for weapon. Nomnom.
dyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2011, 02:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Character Info
Jenerena
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Executus Euro PvP
Guild: Deliverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyson View Post
You may want to consider talking your raid leader into trying BWD. Council (3rd boss) on BoT is a significantly harder fight than Magmaw, Omnotron, and Maloriak and probably even Conclave in Throne of the four winds. If you have limited time, and raid more than 1 night a week, I'd recommend mixing up your instances. Epic gear makes a huge difference in DPS and healing, and makes the later fights easier. Also, the more bosses you down, the more likely you will get that odd piece of gear that no one needs and can turn into a delicious maelstrom crystal to feed into buying the power torrent for weapon. Nomnom.
Well I spoke in the past tense. We have actually done up to Chimaeron in BWD, and we took that exact advice, and we got Twilight Ascendants down last night, though it was still a push. now we're lacking dps on Cho'gall...We haven't done throne of the four winds yet, though we've had a go at conclave of the winds at the end of a raid one night (didn't clear it due to time left).

Though ideally the OP should take your advice yes, just depends because some guilds are doing different raids first and it might not be the OPs decision to make.
Jenren22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 06, 2011, 03:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Character Info
Daenetha
80 Undead Warlock
Alex US

Quote:
Originally Posted by phammy View Post

Please note that he assumes in his post that you have ISF and DI up. ISF itself is 15% or 1920.9 haste.

For those that want to actually work out the haste thresholds for themselves, I recommend:
Cyn's DoT & HoT Haste Spreadsheet

-- D
daenetha is offline   Reply With Quote