The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions (http://wowmb.net/forums/)
-   User Interface, Add-ons and Macros (http://wowmb.net/forums/f23/)
-   -   Forte Warlock (http://wowmb.net/forums/f23/23497-forte_warlock/)

Akasha February 14, 2008 06:04 AM

Forte Warlock

Forte Warlock
Download from: [ Forte Gaming ] [ WoW Interface ]
Rating: http://images.wowmb.net/site/Stars.jpg http://images.wowmb.net/site/Stars.jpg Low rating mostly due to lack of exposure and Warlocks using it.

Description:
Raid Soulstone Tracker, Spell Timer, Cooldown Timer, Summon Monitor, Soulshard Tracker, Healthstone Tracker

Member comments:
I like it a lot, especially if all the other warlocks in the raid are using it too. The quick summoning thing is sweet. Just a double click to start a summon is nice. ~ Freddo

The summoning thing is fantastic. It lists everyone not immediately near you and double clicking the name will summon them. If someone whispers you with the word summon, and they are on that list, there name turns pink. Also if multiple locks are summoning, it shows you who is currently summoning the person on your list, so you dont end up with multiple locks summoning the same person. ~ Pernicious

Kneehighdps February 14, 2008 06:15 AM

Re: Forte Warlock

Never tried the add-on, and from looking at the pictures of it, I doubt I ever will.

Dotimer bars with names on them and such seems much better, then just a random icon to me :) And one shared line to monitor all cooldowns with just icons slapped on it, doesnt do it for me :)

Also the soulstone scanning of entire raid seems handy on paper, but not really in practise.
I have 1 healer Im designated to SS, and I watch that one cooldown. Not an entire raid.

All comments are personal for me, as Im sure there are some out there that will like it.

Theleb February 14, 2008 06:27 AM

I disable the CD function, but I have found that the rest of the addon is very useful.

DoT timers are organised wonderfully once you get used to them (although after using the actual DoTimer it did take some readjustment) and the other raid utilities have proven useful thus far - I particularly like the Res monitor so I know who has CR/Ankh/DI available at any one time, and I think that the only thing it could really benefit from at this juncture is a nightfall/backlash proc notification, as well as a timer for Fel Armour.

Have to say I only recently made the switch so I might go back but right now its very much a firm fixture in my UI.

Freddo February 14, 2008 06:43 AM

I like it alot, especially if all the other warlocks in the raid are using it too. The quick summoning thing is sweet. Just a double click to start a summon is nice.

I like to be able to track all soulstones as well as combat resses, ankhs and whatnot. I helps me to pick whom to soulstone. Sometimes its best to go for a druid that still has a CR left.

The only downside is that i was hoping that it would contain a userinterface for our lesser used spells, like unending breath and so on, so i would be able to get rid of necrosis once and for all.

snackereen February 14, 2008 09:28 AM

since I installed it, I could not live without it. Everything in one handy addon.

Pernicious February 14, 2008 09:30 AM

I really like this addon. The Cooldown bar can be horizontal or vertical. At first i wasn't very thrilled by it, but i kept it out horizontally and put it in a location that wasn't in the way. Now I just find it a handy tool to see how long I got for my various cooldowns.

The summoning thing is fantastic. It lists everyone not immediately near you and double clicking the name will summon them. If someone whispers you with the word summon, and they are on that list, there name turns pink. Also if multiple locks are summoning, it shows you who is currently summoning the person on your list, so you dont end up with multiple locks summoning the same person.

It does list your soul shards, and the Shard count for any other lock using the addon, which is good for a raid wide shard management. This feature i dont use much since a few locks in the guild don't use it.

Then there is the resurrection timers. A great tool to see if there are SS's on CD, or up and who they are on, Ankhs, Combat Rezes, DI, etc. This function would be great for Raid leaders to have as well, even if they aren't warlocks.

It has emotes built in. So you can say in party/raid/ or say chat when your busy summoning somebody, or letting people know how much time is left on a banish, or putting up soul wells, or soul stoning people, etc...

There are a TON of options for this in the control panel for this addon. In fact its almost too much. The bright pink interface color can be a bit much, I think i'd prefer a darker purple color to it, but otherwise, great addon. I never leave home without it.

Corpboy February 14, 2008 09:50 AM

The first time I tried Forte I thought it had too much functionality. For example, I like DoTimer so having the spell countodown bars in forte seemed redundant as all heck.

But then I discovered that you can hide the pieces of the addon that you don't want to see. After that the addon became a must-have for me.

My only other complaint is that the summon manager piece only works in raid groups. While it's use in a 5-man is questionable (that's what the summon stones are for) I have still found myself wanting to summon a replacement to where we are inside an instance, and without the summon manager I had to go dig up the spell by hand.

Devetaki February 14, 2008 10:41 AM

one of the other raiding locks in my guild just talked to me about this.. i'm going to be dling it this weekend and trying it out.. it looks pretty sweet.

zeross February 14, 2008 05:33 PM

i would have a hard time without parts of it. i don't use the dottimer (i use quartz), and the shardspy is anoying i've found.:Angry!:

the warning system is the sh*t, my guildies love it too (3 sec warning on banish/seduce/.... breaking or instant message if it break early). the soulstone monitor is handy though ugly and the cooldown bar is great (i also use msbt so i get a "xxx is ready" message anyway but i like the bar just the same).
(o)l

akasha- you should do one of there threads on autobar :D

Ltonkrack February 14, 2008 07:00 PM

I got rid of necrosis and DoT Timer for this addon and Ive used DoT Timer since about level 35 :tongue: