The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » PvP, Battlegrounds & Arenas » What s resilience cap at 80?

PvP, Battlegrounds & Arenas One on one dueling to full blown raids, anything PvP!

Old May 19, 2010, 08:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Character Info
Dhÿliko
70 Blood Elf Warlock
ursin US
Re: What s resilience cap at 80?

not true my gs is over 5700 my resilience is 1440 3.5k sp and pally can 2 sec kill as rogue can do it DK are immute to anything and hit like a truck. no warlock dont have tools to win every fight.
warlock is really weak vs melee class.

you know you wrong im dead before cheap shot ending
Dhyliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old May 19, 2010, 09:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

Character Info
Somner
80 Human Warlock
Bronzebeard US PvE
Guild: Wreckless

Today I was fighting my hunter friend in Dal sewers for fun. After beating him 3 times I got a challenge from a rogue, a warrior, and then another rogue. I use affliction for pvp and beat them all using shield and consume shadows. Now they could have just been bad players but what I'm trying to say is that we do indeed have the tools to defeat melée. You just might not have them available when you need them.
Somner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 10:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Character Info
Curzalok
85 Undead Warlock
Cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Chain Reaction
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Affliction

Why does this guy keep coming back and necro-ing this thread when he has nothing useful to say but made up numbers (you can't get 1440 resilience and 3.5K SP in anything less than full wrathful which would give you a GS well over 6k and probably mean you've spent at least a moderate amount of time in arena) and complaints about getting whooped by melee classes he doesn't seem to know anything about. Just because you spent the last two weeks smashing your head into 2s and 3s matches doesn't mean you have a clue.

Dhÿliko, I see from your Armory that you have no idea how to gem your PvE gear (no, you don't just throw a red gem in every slot and WTF is up with that meta?) and you use destro glyphs for your whack affliction PvP spec, so forgive me if that (combined with your effortless grammar) doesn't inspire confidence in your opinion.

Last edited by Cursalock; May 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM..
Cursalock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 11:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

Character Info
Polite
80 Gnome Warlock
Shadowmoon US PvE
PvP
Guild: xoxo
3.3 Re: What s resilience cap at 80?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursalock View Post
Why does this guy keep coming back and necro-ing this thread when he has nothing useful to say but made up numbers (you can't get 1440 resilience and 3.5K SP in anything less than full wrathful which would give you a GS well over 6k and probably mean you've spent at least a moderate amount of time in arena) and complaints about getting whooped by melee classes he doesn't seem to know anything about. Just because you spent the last two weeks smashing your head into 2s and 3s matches doesn't mean you have a clue.

Dhÿliko, I see from your Armory that you have no idea how to gem your PvE gear (no, you don't just throw a red gem in every slot and WTF is up with that meta?) and you use destro glyphs for your whack affliction PvP spec, so forgive me if that (combined with your effortless grammar) doesn't inspire confidence in your opinion.
QFT, well said.
Old May 20, 2010, 12:08 AM   #25 (permalink)

Character Info
MattDowd
80 Undead Warlock
Malorne US PvP
Guild: Broken Legacy

Lol, no wonder he gets owned with that spec.
Dowdicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 11:44 AM   #26 (permalink)

Character Info
Curzalok
85 Undead Warlock
Cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Chain Reaction
Talent Tree: Affliction

I guess he'll be back to reply in 2011.
Cursalock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2010, 02:44 PM   #27 (permalink)

Character Info
Dhÿliko
70 Blood Elf Warlock
ursin US

No idea what you talking about. PVE gem is +23 spell power, thats all. and PVP spec i use +20 resilience. and dude ... i play destro full time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursalock View Post

forgive me to my bad grammar, to fix that, i gonna put a precise opinion: tu peux pas te basé sur l'armory pour jugé les gears de quelqu'un. Pourquoi? ben parce que je peux logger out avec des gears pve ou pvp, je peux avoir des nouvelles gears pas gemmées, je peux faire des instance solo avec demon spec qui a rien avoir avec mes specs que j'utilise en raid. Mon meta est +spell power ou/et +crit qui est ok en pve. Et oui, PVE warlock use +23 spell power ON ALL SLOTS. Je fais remarqué que le but était de souligner que les warlocks ont une faible capacité contre les melee class, les rogues ou les DK sont vraiment chiant pis c'est tout, pas plus, c'est pas une questions de gears de tactic ou autre ( en passant j'ai 1451 resilience et oui je suis geared 5.6 et plus on pvp gears et 5846 en pve), aucun rapport de gears ou de grammaires, pis fais pas chier si mon anglais est pas excellent, tu n'aimes pas mon anglais...ben lis mon francais, fais comme moi.. parle les deux langues. té pas obliger de descendre les autres pour rien pour avoir l'air ben hot.
Dhyliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2010, 12:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Character Info
Deusulivre
80 Undead Warlock
Gurubashi US PvP

Well, as a 6k+ gs warlock and arena fighter i must say, the only meelee class that beats me are dks, if they know what they are doing and they call the bird to help them out. dks > locks its simple, they have so many escape mechanics its not even funny and theyr all against casters

warriors are easy, just buff them and fear on the right time, and fake cast your fears because of spell reflect, of course, always use a voidwalker against any meelee, and if necessary resummon and shield urself again

pallies are laughable, buff and coex them... funny fight

the biggest problems are hunters, hunters are a pain, survival, mm, beast, doesnt matter, if they know what theyr doing its a tough fight

frost mages are tough too, the rest is quite easy, remember im affliction...

and if i recall the resil cap is either 1400 or 1450
Lagartixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2010, 02:25 PM   #29 (permalink)

Character Info
Raven
80 Undead Warlock
Emerald Dream US RP PvP
Guild: Hit It Like You Mean It

Info in this thread is all outdated, thread was created in 2008 at wrath's start before the epic +23sp gems were created and way before all the resillience buffs.. This was a necro.
Duelingk is offline   Reply With Quote