The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » PvP, Battlegrounds & Arenas » warlock pvp gear

PvP, Battlegrounds & Arenas One on one dueling to full blown raids, anything PvP!

Old December 16, 2010, 06:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Character Info
Wærloga
85 Human Warlock
Lethon US PvP
Guild: Knights of Loki
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Destruction
Re: warlock pvp gear

Well to be completely honest, getting purple PvP gear is gonna be a pain for me because all my friends are wussies lol. They don't PvP and are on a PvP server (CAREBEARS /barf). So getting into a rated bg or an arena is going to be more difficult. Basically what I'm gonna do is (unfortunately) go for the Bloodthirsty set first then find some people to join up with and get enough CP to get Vicious. One thing I'm unsure of though is their are 2 types of Vicious, one requires only CP while the other set (exactly the same stats) requires a BG/Arena rating AND the same piece of gear from the CP Vicious set. Doesn't make sense imo.

lb1
Old December 16, 2010, 06:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Character Info
Neehye
85 Gnome Warlock
Crushridge US PvP
Guild: Critz Savez Livez
Talent Tree: Affliction

This is the only thing I've been able to google my ass off for, and it is pure spec... but it is just a different color to show how l33t you are.
ImRorschac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2010, 08:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Character Info
Beryo
85 Goblin Warlock
Ravenholdt US RP PvP
Guild: Fired
Talent Tree: Affliction Destruction

Cynwise has a good rundown on the new pvp gear: Battleground PvP Gear in Cataclysm Season 9 | Cynwise's Battlefield Manual
Beryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2010, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

Character Info
flyingade
80 Human Warlock
dragonblight Euro PvE
Guild: shadowforest brotherhood

I now have a mixture of the crafted pieces, bloodthursty blues and the conquest points back for spell pen.

Im in a raiding guild so my pve gear is almost total 346 with the crafted legs.

end of S9 myself and a resto shammy in my guild must have played 400 games and hit a brick wall of rogues and shadowmorne warriors at 1550.

Last night we had our first proper go at it. less than 50games only 8 losses stopped at 1600 rating. Other than a few screw ups on my part there were only a few that really gave us any trouble. Most of the them were to the same DK+feral druid who just run in pop their immunities to my stuff and stun locked my shammy into the ground :-(

I think once she gets 2k+ resil they wont be a problem as she will survive the immunity/burst/stun chain then I can peel them off and dot them up, sit back and wait for them to die.

im playing aff and must say, glyphed soul swap, fel flame, 50% slow from coex are just damn cool.

there is something very satisfying about giving mages some "ice lance" medicine!

fel flame is especially good against melee. once you manage to get UA up on them soul swap to the healer then spam fel flame get haunt up if i can juke an interupt, kite and hope their healer goes oom before mine does!

Ade
flyingade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2010, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Character Info
Vyluss
85 Orc Warlock
Kil'Jaeden US PvP
Guild: Sidus Noctis
Cata Re: warlock pvp gear

Do you guys think the conquest staff is better or the dagger + offhand? Also, would you go for hurricane or power torrent?

As far as gems go....for pvp would you go for stam, int, crit, resil, or haste primarily? Thanks.
Vylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2010, 02:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Character Info
Shagina
90 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP

From what I've read on AJ stacking resi is very good at the moment. As I play a double DPS comp I'll probably be stacking haste/int though. Also, the stats on the staff is the same as MH + OH, but you get two enchants with MH + OH, which is basically an extra 100 int, making it the superior choice. As far as I've read people say that you should either go for as much resi as you can while still getting the sockets, other argue to just get full resi everywhere.

I guess it's still a case of preference though. For a double DPS comp you'd probably go for more offensive stats to make sure you can keep up the pressure, while if you play with a healer you'd probably want to go for resi to help your healer preserve his mana. For 3s or 5s you'd definitely go with full resi, unless you play a double healer I comp I guess.
Old December 25, 2010, 02:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Character Info
Vyluss
85 Orc Warlock
Kil'Jaeden US PvP
Guild: Sidus Noctis
Cata Re: warlock pvp gear

Thanks for the reply! That sounds like a good plan. When I get back to a computer i'll have to recheck my math but I am pretty sure that when I added up the stats, the staff had more of mostly everything than the MH+ OH even with the 100 int enchant. I'll recheck and post the comparison.

I am in a 2s team with a shadow priest (great combo by the way), so I think i'm going to try to do a balance between resil and haste. Do you think haste > crit (destro)? Thanks
Vylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2010, 04:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

Character Info
Shagina
90 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP

Yes, haste > crit for all speccs, even more in pvp due to the advantages of faster casts on utility spells.
Old January 02, 2011, 05:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

4.0 Re: warlock pvp gear

I have a side question about the new pvp gear i am relatively new to pvp and i have been told that some trinkets don't work in arena is there a way to tell which do and don't.
Also which pvp trinkets should i look into getting ?
the91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2011, 10:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Character Info
Jiraiyah
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Hydraxis US PvE
Guild: Represent
Talent Tree: Affliction
4.0 Re: warlock pvp gear

Stacking resilience, ESPECIALLY for afffliction is god-mode. With no diminishing returns, every point of resilience becomes more valuable than the last. It increases your survivability exponentially. I'm sitting on 3100 right now in all honor blues and conquest weapon. I run through BG's just to see how many it takes to kill me and the answer to that question is usually more than they have (unless I'm melee trained). I will take out 3-4 out of a 7-man group and still be alive when reinforcements come in. Reinforcements that I do not call for.

Seriously, it's god-mode. By the time you hit 3500ish resilience, including soul link, the value of your stamina is doubled, but your self heals heal for the same amount. You can easily reach 3800 with a full suit of enchanted/gemmed purple pvp gear. With death's embrace, it takes perfect execution by at least 2 people to finish you off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the91 View Post
I have a side question about the new pvp gear i am relatively new to pvp and i have been told that some trinkets don't work in arena is there a way to tell which do and don't.
Also which pvp trinkets should i look into getting ?
Get 301 resilience movement impairment remover and 301 resilience damage booster of your choice from the honor vendor. 602 resilience = 6.34% damage reduction by itself.
Jiraiyah is offline   Reply With Quote