The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » PvP, Battlegrounds & Arenas » school of hard knocks achievement

PvP, Battlegrounds & Arenas One on one dueling to full blown raids, anything PvP!

Old May 09, 2011, 11:21 AM   #21 (permalink)

Character Info
Shagina
90 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Destruction
Re: school of hard knocks achievement

And maybe, just maybe, it made you curious about trying PvP a bit more?

lb1
Old May 09, 2011, 11:44 AM   #22 (permalink)

Character Info
MorticiaNoir
80 Human Warlock
Khadgar Euro PvE
Guild: Khadgar Liberation Front

i think saying it is easy is a kinda put down to those struggling.some choose not to pvp because it isnt their thang..whereas it comes easily to others.just because you found it easy doesnt mean others should or did!
part of me hoped someone might be helpful and make some suggestions on how i cld better my chances,but in i searched thotbott and got it there..although it took me a fair few attempts to get the flag at first.
not all guilds will help or have the time when you are on..so the assumption that is doable with guild help,maybe true,but cant always be available.
anyway, good points made about some achievements being pvp based..but if that is the case..maybe it shldnt be included in the main ones for the end achievement of what a long strange trip it has been,and maybe have something similar for pvp based players to get..such as a pvp mount etc
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 11:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

Character Info
Shagina
90 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP

I'm just curious, but why should it be easy? Isn't the point of an achievement to, I don't know, achieve it?
Old May 09, 2011, 12:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Character Info
Curzalok
85 Undead Warlock
Cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Chain Reaction
Talent Tree: Affliction
4.0 Re: school of hard knocks achievement

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1RE View Post
I'm still going to disagree with it being too hard. My entire old guild, most of which I still have contact with, are pure PvE players and a lot of them collect achievements. All of them got it with minimal effort, no PvP gear and very little PvP experience. On an unrelated note, I also helped my mate from there get Wrecking Ball and he's a purely PvE geared arcane mage. The only one I find stupid is the AV one, simply because if the BG is done properly only 4 out of 40 can get it each match and that's stupid, the rest of them are easily achieved without breaking with regular gameplay. I'll agree that the EotS should've been tower related though, simply because while going for the flag isn't bad, too many people doing so is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1RE View Post
I'm just curious, but why should it be easy? Isn't the point of an achievement to, I don't know, achieve it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbage View Post
Achievements I guess are supposed to require a bit of effort.
I think it's too hard in context, based on what you have to do in the rest of the holidays and the meta achievement. In general, some achievements are hard as hell (kill every heroic raid boss), some are so easy to do you do them accidentally (fall off a tall ledge without dying), but when you're talking about a meta achievement that is 99% a joke/pure time investment, and then they throw in one thing that is markedly more difficult and you can only do it for a week a year, it's kind of weird. And not to suggest that people QQ'ing about something is enough to mean much, but a lot of people have been pissed about this achievement for a long time. People who've had every other achievement in the meta but this one for years because of bad luck. The AV and EotS are my two biggest problems for much the same reasons you suggest, limited opportunity and the fact that a bunch of people pursuing these goals means the BGs get totally screwed ed up for anyone there to play legitimately.

It's obviously not an impossible achievement, I did it myself this week, but it was definitely a PITA and required many, many re-queues to get that AV one. Hours.

Last edited by Cursalock; May 09, 2011 at 12:32 PM..
Cursalock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2011, 12:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Character Info
Shagina
90 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP

Well, if the rest are so trivial then maybe they could add some more challenging ones instead of removing the only one that is considered even marginally challenging? I don't see why the holidays achieves have to go in the direction of being easier rather than harder.
Old May 09, 2011, 08:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Character Info
MorticiaNoir
80 Human Warlock
Khadgar Euro PvE
Guild: Khadgar Liberation Front

yr kinda missing the point..i dont mind achievements being ahrd to work for..i have got pretty much all to get the end one..but to make it pvp..when rest are pve is kinda stoopid..if you want to pvp and get achievements then surely there can be ones for those that purely pvp and vice versa?
it isnt abt how easy or hard one ach is over anotehr..but for me,if you arent a pvp person then throwin gu into this to get the end achi is unfair..regardless i guess everyone has diff viewpoints..prib those saying oh it is easy or why not it be hard?have already got it and so arent that arsed about it..
muy suggestion was to have pvp set goals for end reward..such as for the long strange trip ther eis a voiolet proto type drake.so for pvp there cld be similar but with pvp benefits..
that way it evens out and i more balanced..you cant tel me that 5 people heading into a bg for sole achievement only..and to diappear after they have got it..really pleases hardcore pvp'ers?
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 09:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

Character Info
Sacksmcgee
78 Blood Elf Warlock
Medivh US PvE
Guild: Nobody Cares About PVP

I may be remembering wrong, but isnt there a couple PVP ones for halloween and valentines day too? (killing players while having cologne/candy buffs?)
sacksmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 10:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

Character Info
Kalium
90 Human Warlock
Baelgun US PvE
Talent Tree: Demonology

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacksmcgee View Post
I may be remembering wrong, but isnt there a couple PVP ones for halloween and valentines day too? (killing players while having cologne/candy buffs?)
There is one for getting PvP kill credit while in the form of a holiday Gnome.

Kalium
Old May 10, 2011, 12:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

Character Info
Curzalok
85 Undead Warlock
Cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Chain Reaction
Talent Tree: Affliction

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacksmcgee View Post
You can be standing doing nothing in a BG and get credit for a nearby HK, not exactly the same thing as capturing a tower in AV when 20 other people are trying to do the same thing.

Last edited by Cursalock; May 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM..
Cursalock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 12:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Character Info
Beryo
85 Goblin Warlock
Ravenholdt US RP PvP
Guild: Fired
Talent Tree: Affliction Destruction

Cynwise is your friend: Children’s Week 2011 and the School of Hard Knocks | Cynwise's Battlefield Manual
Beryo is offline   Reply With Quote