The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions (http://wowmb.net/forums/)
-   Instances & Raiding (http://wowmb.net/forums/f49/)
-   -   Warlock Crowd Control Heroics? (http://wowmb.net/forums/f49/40791-warlock_crowd_control_heroics/)

Jondalar December 11, 2010 04:27 PM

Warlock Crowd Control Heroics?

Ummm, I leveled in 3 days and have started to do heroic dungeons. They are awesome but hard as hell. Everyone always wants me to break out my succubus and seduce an enemy, whlle I'm feariing someone else and dpsing the boss. On some dungeons I'm actually banishing a lot. It's total chaos. The only Heroic Dungeon I've actually manage to get through so far is Shadowfang Keep. (I'M NOT SURE HOW!))))) I've had to swap pve glyphs for what I consder PVP glyphs.

Any suggestions about crowd control? I've never really had to worry about it before that much, but now IT'S ALL ABOUT CROWD CONTROL IN THESE INSTANCES. (I LIKE IT!))))))

Belaide December 11, 2010 04:48 PM

Re: Warlock Crowd Control Heroics?

Macro your CC spells for focus targets and display your focus. In fights when you are CC'ing position yourself when possible so you can see the boss and your CC focus target. Trying to CC two and dps is not very efficient, but maybe that's just me.

Ugru December 11, 2010 06:37 PM

I'm assuming you began playing during the WotLK era. Don't worry, it'll be ok. You'll learn to adapt and you'll be a better player for it. To those of us that played through Burning Crusade, this reminds us of the "good old days."

naust December 11, 2010 07:27 PM

Indeed Ugru.
Finally some need for cc in PVE again.
Learn to use Focus, and have a modifier macroed to your cc spells to cast the cc spell on the focus target. This helps a lot in controlling one mob while dps'ing another. If you are assigned multiple cc targets you have to do some target switching, but having one controlled via the focus target functionallity really helps a lot.

Urkanos December 11, 2010 08:17 PM

lol ive never used the Focus before =/ can you explain what this means and how to use it?

Belaide December 11, 2010 11:19 PM

Focus is like a secondary target. If you target a mob and then type /focus you will see the icon pop up. You can then target a second mob and the original one will still be your focus target. Type /focus with nothing targeted to remove your focus. I have it key bound. If you search this site you'll find plenty of CC macro ideas using focus. Look prior to WotLK date when we had to CC all the time in BC.

Jondalar December 11, 2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaide (Post 331025)
Focus is like a secondary target. If you target a mob and then type /focus you will see the icon pop up. You can then target a second mob and the original one will still be your focus target. Type /focus with nothing targeted to remove your focus. I have it key bound. If you search this site you'll find plenty of CC macro ideas using focus. Look prior to WotLK date when we had to CC all the time in BC.

I didn't know that either. I'm going to use it. These raids are about crowd and they are soooo fun.

Nymerius December 12, 2010 02:44 PM

Be sure to glyph the fear so the target stands still. If you aren't used to CC, the feared mob will pull a whole room running around.

Fearme December 12, 2010 06:24 PM

There's definitely tricks you can use to help you manage your crowd control. Generally I don't use focus, unless I'm on my rogue when I use a macro to use tricks of the trade on our tank.

As a quick and dirty macro, you can do something like this:
/cast [target=focus] Fear

I think you can get by without use these kinds of macro's though; it just takes a lot of practice to get your initial cc rotation AND dps rotation going smoothly. I love the fact that we can use 3 different types of cc though; Fear, Banish, and Seduce (o)l

Emarisea December 12, 2010 06:55 PM

The Gylph of Fear is just amazing! Amazing I say!!! I've had lots of successful Heroics so far, and we usually have 2 of the trash mobs CC'd. And almost always, one of the cc'd mobs is my responsibility. Focusing this mob is very important. You can usually burn down one mob and just get started into the 2nd before having to fear your focused mob again. Timing is also important. More than likely, you will be fearing at the same time that your tank is pulling....cause we want our feared mob to stay outta the pack. I think the most helpful thing has been keeping my pet on passive and keybinding 'pet attack' to my mousewheel up. This way, my impy doesnt attack my feared target upon cast. And after having feared, I can start in on the Skull target and 'mousewheel up' so Mr. Impy attacks the skull. Whatever you do, dont let your pet break CC'd mobs.