The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Instances & Raiding » Warlock Crowd Control Heroics?

Instances & Raiding The PvE side to 80... everything relating to instances and raiding. From Wailing Caverns to Uldaar and beyond!

Old January 02, 2011, 08:51 PM   #61 (permalink)

Character Info
devie
74 Human Warlock
malfurion US PvE
PvP
Re: Warlock Crowd Control Heroics?

Wow talk about some great stuff. I love the macros but will need to practice with them a bit. So my next question would have to be is it possible to have more than one focus. For example fear focus 1 seduce focus 2 dps Target?
airforce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old January 02, 2011, 11:56 PM   #62 (permalink)

Character Info
Trollgaard
85 Undead Warlock
Euro PvP
Talent Tree: Destruction
4.0 Re: Warlock Crowd Control Heroics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addonex View Post
/focus [@mouseover,harm] mouseover

This should do it.
I think you wrote mouseover one time too many here. And /focus isn't for a mouseover macro.

/cast [@mouseover,harm]Fear

That should work for a simple mouseover with fear.
Old January 11, 2011, 07:02 AM   #63 (permalink)

Character Info
hurick
85 Undead Warlock
barthilas Oceania PvP
Guild: reckless abandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belaide View Post
Focus is like a secondary target. If you target a mob and then type /focus you will see the icon pop up. You can then target a second mob and the original one will still be your focus target. Type /focus with nothing targeted to remove your focus. I have it key bound. If you search this site you'll find plenty of CC macro ideas using focus. Look prior to Wrath of the Lich King date when we had to CC all the time in BC.

You just fixed my heroic life between this and Tragik's post on dps builds.

This is the single most helpful post I've read yet about warlock fear mechanic as a cc. The pet breaking fear has been a bain to most Locks I've seen who aren't used to dealing with cc anymore...
I played a lock since vanilla wow in one for mor another and cc is a locks specialty between slows fears and dazes/stuns... locks should be able to keep one mob conintuously cc'd while intermittently slowing a second or ccing 2 mobs completely when you get the hang of it.
hurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2011, 01:38 AM   #64 (permalink)

Character Info
Belaide
85 Human Warlock
Nagrand Oceania PvE
Guild: Pinnacle
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurick View Post
You just fixed my heroic life between this and Tragik's post on dps builds.

This is the single most helpful post I've read yet about warlock fear mechanic as a cc. The pet breaking fear has been a bain to most Locks I've seen who aren't used to dealing with cc anymore...
I played a lock since vanilla wow in one for mor another and cc is a locks specialty between slows fears and dazes/stuns... locks should be able to keep one mob conintuously cc'd while intermittently slowing a second or ccing 2 mobs completely when you get the hang of it.
I hope you gave it a thumbs up then. Seriously though, happy to have been a help. That's what the Den is all about.
Old January 24, 2011, 09:53 AM   #65 (permalink)

Character Info
Gilsa
85 Human Warlock
Emerald Dream US RP PvP
Guild: Endless Inferno
Cata Re: Warlock Crowd Control Heroics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belaide View Post
Focus is like a secondary target. If you target a mob and then type /focus you will see the icon pop up. You can then target a second mob and the original one will still be your focus target. Type /focus with nothing targeted to remove your focus. I have it key bound. If you search this site you'll find plenty of CC macro ideas using focus. Look prior to Wrath of the Lich King date when we had to CC all the time in BC.

Thank you so much. I too am a Wrath of the Lich King player. I love my lock but was considering changing mains because I was lost on the best way to continue using Fear and managing to keep my DPS up. This helps a lot.
Gilsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2011, 11:17 AM   #66 (permalink)

Character Info
Mordru
85 Gnome Warlock
Alexstrasza US PvE
Guild: Pantheon
Talent Tree: Demonology

As long as I only have one CC mob, I am fine. I set the MoB as a focus and I have fear and banish macroed with:

/cast [@focus,harm]Fear;Fear

I also have Tell Me When addon with 3 icons: fear, banish, enslave with the target=focus, and with the countdown enabled. So, I can see the duration and also if they fall normally. I never have to change targets to CC one mob.

The negative is that I can only keep one MoB CC. My default CC spells will all go to the focus, which I only have one. I would need to rewrite if I wanted to Fear one MoB, Banish a second, and Seduce a third. My addon also would not be able to monitor their state.

I also have my offensive spells macroed to petattack and my CC spells with a petpassive.

Sample Macros:

Focus

/focus [@mouseover,nodead,exists]; [@target,exists]
/script if UnitName("target") and not UnitIsDead("target") and not GetRaidTargetIndex("target") then SetRaidTargetIcon("target",3); end

Sets focus and puts a purple diamond on the head.

Fear

#showtooltip
/clearfocus [@focus,noharm][@focus,dead]
/focus [mod:ctrl]
/petpassive
/petattack [@pettarget,exists]
/cast [@focus,harm] Fear; Fear

Casts fear on the focus first, then target. Also tells the pet to stop attacking unless if the pet has a target.

Incinerate

#showtooltip Incinerate
/petattack [@pettarget,noexists]
/cast [pet:Imp,@pettarget] Firebolt

/cast [pet:Felguard,@pettarget,exists] Felstorm
/cast Incinerate

My default Incinerate. If I am doing CC, I either have succi or imp out. The petattack will never stop the pet in mid-attack as the pet will have a target.

Mordru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2011, 12:19 PM   #67 (permalink)

Character Info
Kinzlayer
80 Human Warlock
Cenarius US PvE
Guild: Aionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooter View Post
My imp keeps attacking my fear target. It's really annoying. I cast fear, and by the time I can tab around to find the skull target, to the the imp to attack it, he has already broken the fear I have put up. Is there an easy way around this? Putting the imp on passive and telling it exactly where to go all the time is a little annoying when I am trying to CC and keep up DPS.
Put your pet on passive is only the first step. What I have done is keybind the pet attack and recently I added a /petattack to the end of my filler spell macro since if I'm actually hard casting a shadowbolt or some such spell then it safe for my pet to attack also.
gothicel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2011, 04:23 PM   #68 (permalink)

Character Info
Xayide
85 Orc Warlock
Azralon US PvP
Guild: LastOne

Great blog post on Warlock Macros:
Warlock Macros in Cataclysm | Cynwise's Battlefield Manual

I specially like the Fear one.

This is a great blog overall, even though it's more focused on PvP.
kikovsk is offline   Reply With Quote