The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » World of Warcraft Discussion » worth a look: blogs.

World of Warcraft Discussion General Discussion about anything relating to World of Warcraft and the Warlock's place with in...

Old April 12, 2012, 12:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Character Info
Teasemaid
85 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP
Talent Tree: Affliction
Re: worth a look: blogs.

kasha, no offense taken at all. just seemed sweeping to comment on "older players" esp when i know "younger players" doing exactly same thing, can't keep up, whining etc.

i really like the comment from krakonosh

Quote:
I would love to see a warlock spec that had a high level of complexity, but where the abilities and spells weave harmoniously into a glorious tapestry of death and destruction. A rotation that makes you feel more like a master artist, and less like a guy trying to cobble together his masterpiece using chicken wire, duct tape, and WD-40.
Looks like my toolkit, and You missed Blu-Tack
but yeh. Word.

K
kernii is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old April 12, 2012, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Character Info
Fizzlewix
85 Orc Warlock
Bloodhoof US PvE
Guild: Crit Salad Sandwich
Profile: Blizzard Armory

I have been following Cynwise for awhile now and have seen plenty of HIS youtube video's. You can all stop saying she. Cynwise is a dude.
Felwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2012, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Character Info
Teasemaid
85 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP

Isn't that Cyn?

About Cynwise's Warcraft Manual

Quote:
The siteís namesake, Cynwise, is my Warlock main on Durotan who is always up for a good fight ó and fishing. There are a lot of aspects to WoW that she enjoys, so donít be surprised if she doesnít always stick to the stated topic of her weblog.
Quote:
As for me? Iím called Cyn, for obvious reasons. Iím a happily married IT monkey with two kids who help keep me from playing this game too much.
but yeh i get your drift.
Old April 12, 2012, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Character Info
Scathbais
90 Undead Warlock
Mal'Ganis US PvP
Guild: Adult Swim
Talent Tree: Affliction Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felwitch View Post
I have been following Cynwise for awhile now and have seen plenty of HIS youtube video's. You can all stop saying she. Cynwise is a dude.
Cynwise is a G.I.R.L. (Guy in Real Life) -- Thanks to Teon for this definition from an earlier thread.
Old April 13, 2012, 01:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Character Info
Nikalia
85 Undead Warlock
Frostwolf US PvP
Guild: Casual Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
Cynwise is a G.I.R.L. (Guy in Real Life) -- Thanks to Teon for this definition from an earlier thread.
D'awww I was going to say no wonder it's so needlessly verbose, it's a chick!

Sincerely,

a real chick
Nikalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2012, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Character Info
Curzalok
85 Undead Warlock
Cho'gall US PvP
Guild: Chain Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1RE View Post
Well, it's hardly unbiased as she claims, it's heavily biased from a lock PoV (not neccesarily a bad thing, just saying). She has some good points, some complete misses, some worthless ranting, but most of all she overcomplicates things. Her blog, while raising some very good points and discussing topics that need to be discussed, is heavily cluttered by her over-complication of some things and general wordiness. She puts a lot of effort into trying to dissect some of our problems to make them look like really complex issues, which they aren't. Most of her points could be made just as well with less than half the words and it would have gotten the point across more clearly because it would be easier on the reader and it would make it easier to focus on the issues themselves, as opposed to the essay she's written about it. Messing up on your facts doesn't really help either, especially when the mistake is consistent and thus can't be written off as a typo.
You're describing this entire paragraph.
Cursalock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

My math teacher once told me that all the useless clutter amongst all the facts and opinions can be summarized as verbal diarrhea, in short: TL:DR.

Scath, here's another one for ya: MMORPG: Many Men Online Role-Playing Girls

Last edited by Teon; April 15, 2012 at 05:31 PM..
Teon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012, 05:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Character Info
Shagina
90 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP
Talent Tree: Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursalock View Post
You're describing this entire paragraph.
I'm glad someone got it. ^^
Old April 24, 2012, 11:48 AM   #19 (permalink)

Character Info
Koldfeat
85 Undead Warlock
Draenor US PvE
Guild: Trouble
Talent Tree: Demonology

I've been playing my warlock this week with a scroll of resurrection after quitting WoW over a year ago and been reading about the class again and just wanted to share that Cynwise's Decline and Fall of the Warlock really struck a chord with me.

He is right that in order to be a warlock you have to enjoy complexity for complexities sake and be satisfied with getting the same result as people putting in less effort.

That's not me, I enjoy a high difficulty but need to be compensated with additional rewards comparatively. It would appear that many other warlocks have also made the silent choice that this disparity in effort vs rewards is unacceptable because whatever you think of Cynwise it's hard to argue that Warlocks aren't the least popular class in WoW.

I also agree with the conclusion that when you are questioning whether you want to play your "main" you inevitably question whether you want to play the game at all. I certainly did, and made the choice that if I wasn't going to play a warlock then I simply wasn't going to play.
Koldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2012, 01:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

Character Info
Teasemaid
85 Human Warlock
Grim Batol Euro PvP

@Koldfeat
similar mindset here regarding effort v reward.
also similar situation. have received scroll of rez, and am sat pondering it while Razer mouse is on RMA.

How are you finding return to warlock?
sat here wondering whether to progress/raise that or the shaman.

K