The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » The Warlocks Den Help Center » Help Me, I'm Broken! » Multi Boxing 5x Warlocks - Spec choice.

Help Me, I'm Broken! DPS Issues, Gear Help Needed? or Need Advice on a Talent Build? Post here by using the Help Me form.

Old June 30, 2008, 07:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

Character Info
Hohounknown
80 Troll Priest
Al'Akir Euro PvP
Guild: No Danger
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: Multi Boxing 5x Warlocks - Spec choice.

For soloing I'd strongly advise getting a char in party that can res others. When 5-boxing my group it wasn't that uncommon that something got screwed up and people died. If you have someone who can res then just have SS on him constantly and you can pretty much forget about any kind of corpseruns, that alone will speed up your leveling a lot
hoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old June 30, 2008, 12:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Character Info
Infernally
70 Gnome Warlock
Alexstrasza US PvE
Guild: Dragon Army

hope this isn't too far off topic but, i once did an AB in the 49 bracket where 10-12 of us were all gnome locks. we utterly demolished the horde. it was crazy, i was laughing so hard the whole time.
WARLOCK BASICS: Hello, you're EVIL! Bask in your malevolent glory. You are a bona fide villain from the depths of hell and it is your duty to behave like one. You're not just bad. You are EVIL. Act accordingly!
chemical whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2008, 03:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Character Info
Seton
Human Warlock
Arygos US PvE

Having all five VWs out seems like a waste, to me. Two is enough, three definitely pushing it. I know you don't have a lot of better pets right now, but let an imp or three come out. You'll want the sta boost, they can add to your DPS, and they can add to your voids' threat with fire shield.

Put em on passive, fireball auto'd, and macro a petattack into a keybinding for those locks.
mcgee84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 01, 2008, 02:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Character Info
Eleathus
80 Human Warlock
Nagrand Euro PvE
Guild: Scions of Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgee84 View Post
Having all five VWs out seems like a waste, to me. Two is enough, three definitely pushing it. I know you don't have a lot of better pets right now, but let an imp or three come out. You'll want the sta boost, they can add to your DPS, and they can add to your voids' threat with fire shield.

Put em on passive, fireball auto'd, and macro a petattack into a keybinding for those locks.
I run with an imp out most of the time, in fact, my summon macro has an imp in it on one of the guys. (For the blood pact)
However, after having a few bad pulls when being in areas slightly harder than I can, having those two extra VW's comes very much in handy for saving the day. It's a difficult choice, and I'm sure it's something that will work itself out as I go along.
Old June 25, 2009, 09:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Character Info
Eleathus
80 Human Warlock
Nagrand Euro PvE
Guild: Scions of Proteus
3.1 Re: Multi Boxing 5x Warlocks - Spec choice.

Hi everyone. I'll revive this thread now, as I'm quite stuck.

I hit 80 quite some time ago, and have now started doing some raiding with my guild.. I already raid fulltime on my priest, but if I can manage to squeeze up my dps, I think I'll be able to join raids with my 5 warlock team.

For solo PVE I run a felguard spec, and I've managed to do quite a lot of stuff on my own.. Among that, VH normal and Attumen in Karazhan (yes, 5 man :P )

Anyways.. back to my issue..

I've been looking around on these forums and I can't seem to be able to find a spec that minimizes the amount of spells required, while maximizing dps.. for my demo spec, I do an Immolate -> Agony -> Corruption -> SB-Spam with felguards on all 5, which with my current gear:
Gets me up to around 1.5k dps in most encounters... Yes I know it's not PVE gear, but it's the best gear I can get without spending thousands of G on gearing them. :P

So I've been advised to look at a destro spec, but can't figure out how to avoid doing much more than spamming SB as much as possible..

Any tips?
Old June 25, 2009, 11:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Character Info
iamultimo
80 Orc Warlock
Barthilas US PvP
Guild: Serendipity
Profile:

Can anyone imagine versing 5 demo locks in arena and stuck together... Immolation aura and EVERYONE would die...
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2009, 02:51 AM   #27 (permalink)

Character Info
Shadowroy
80 Human Warlock
Outland Euro PvP
Guild: Apostasy

well you can try the deep destro spec, you just need to spam 4 buttons basicly: chaos bolt, immolate, conflag and incenerate. Also curse of doom ever 1 min.

You should see Fallenman's 3.1.2 Quick Raid Spec Rundown! - The Warlocks Den Forums to see the specs, a really usefull post about warlock specs :D

Have fun with your multi boxes, gief some videos :P
Shadowroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2009, 03:36 AM   #28 (permalink)

Character Info
Shadowbomber
80 Undead Warlock
Crushridge US PvP
Guild: I Break for Gnomes

If I read the post correctly your 5 lock team has now hit 80 so my comment might be irrelevant, you might be able to correct me though based off of your experience. I read that destro would be the fastest way to burn through mobs, aka grinding, simply because nothing could stand up to 5 shadowbolts splatting against their faces. This sounds true enough, however I would think Aff would be the way to go. With destro comes cast time...Aff is simple doting while running...no cast time. 15 dots might not kill the individual target as fast as 5 shadowbolts, even though it would be close , but 5 Aff locks could take multiple targets without ever getting touch and without stopping running. Hence dot dot run lol! They would drop before they even got close to you...especially if one of the curses was exaustion. Survivablitlty should not be an issue either grinding as Aff...with voids agroing and siphon life you could never run out of health. Only problem I would see is them diing to soon before your siphon life expired lol. Not to mention hardly any down time to drink or eat as Aff. when I level I went for ages before I needed to stop...that was usually when my bags were full too!

Raiding would be different as all aff though.

I dont claim to know anything...I never multi boxed higher then 2 before. Just some thoughs is all. Please correct me, politely , if im wrong.

I was wondering why not just make one of those locks a priest...extra shadow damage, heals when needed, res, etc.

any advice for me, ill be multiboxing 2, possible 3, here soon!?
Shadowbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2009, 03:53 AM   #29 (permalink)

Character Info
Misslatex
80 Human Warlock
Nagrand Euro PvE
Guild: Tranquility

Finally! Someone from Nagrand server! Ill be whispering you mister :P

If you need help with your arena team...im a lock and my GF is a rogue...might be cool to have 4 locks and a rogue kick ***...(although we might need a healer)
Old June 26, 2009, 08:41 AM   #30 (permalink)

Character Info
Guvner
80 Human Warlock
Thunderhorn Euro PvE
Guild: Battlestar

At 80 my two pennies are:

1 x affliction lock
Self sustaining, maybe thow up coe with this char and also Imp SB for the crit buff

1 x Demonology Lock with Demonic Pact
Spellpower buff from the demon like a portable Totem of Wratch

1 x Destro for nuke power
Raw nukage plus replenishment to keep the groups mana in better shape

2 x other specs of your choice but probably 2 x Destro or 1 x Destro and 1 x Demo
Support, more nukage etc

I think the synergies will help a lot at 80 if you are going for boss encounters and ofc you could always dual spec the afflic lock for more burst. It all depends on what you need to do. Grind random mobs? Heroics? old 10 mans?

Last edited by GuvnerTH; June 26, 2009 at 08:53 AM..
GuvnerTH is offline   Reply With Quote