The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » The Warlocks Den Help Center » Help Me, I'm Broken! » Need a solid PVP BGs talent build

Help Me, I'm Broken! DPS Issues, Gear Help Needed? or Need Advice on a Talent Build? Post here by using the Help Me form.

Old December 28, 2009, 01:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
Vashkur
79 Human Warlock
Aman Thul Oceania PvE
Guild: Knights wh say Nee
Question Need a solid PVP BGs talent build

Hey fellow Locks

I'm looking for a decent PVP talent build I've been a Demo lock for ages and am thinking of going Affi any builds, thoughts, suggestions greatly appreciated

lb1
Old December 28, 2009, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Character Info
Skabbragnar
80 Gnome Warlock
Vashj Euro PvP
Guild: The Eternal Flame
Re: Need a solid PVP BGs talent build

Hi.
If your aiming to level all the way up in bgs i would say my honest opinion is to atleast try destru. Yes your probably going to die abit, but its just the most fun specc (for me that is) to level in bgs with.

The World of Warcraft Armory

But if your going to quest alot or aiming for higher survivability both inside and outside of the bgs affliction might be better at that level.

The World of Warcraft Armory

these again r just my suggestions
Skabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2009, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
Supernex
90 Human Warlock
Akama US PvP
Guild: Press Start
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Affliction

There are several variations of the 54/17/0 build that you could use, just move around a couple of points here and there to fit your personal tastes, but here is a general idea from Arena Junkies:

Affliction (54/17/0) - Warlock Talents - Arena Junkies

Read the comments underneath the build to get an idea of some things you could change to suit your needs.
Old December 28, 2009, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asatru

3.3 Re: Need a solid PVP BGs talent build

There is a reason Affliction builds are starting to disappear in BG's. I've also noticed that I'm not seeing as many Demonologists as I used to which kinda surprises me and saddens me a little too because I had though Ghostcrawler might give that spec a boost but i guess not.

Affliction is the classic tree and people want to make it work which reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies (hopefully someone here can identify it):

"Dreams die hard and you hold them in your hands long after they have turned to dust."
Old December 28, 2009, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Supernex
90 Human Warlock
Akama US PvP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
There is a reason Affliction builds are starting to disappear in BG's. I've also noticed that I'm not seeing as many Demonologists as I used to which kinda surprises me and saddens me a little too because I had though Ghostcrawler might give that spec a boost but i guess not.

Affliction is the classic tree and people want to make it work which reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies (hopefully someone here can identify it):

"Dreams die hard and you hold them in your hands long after they have turned to dust."
I am going to quote Merlin for a moment, as I think it addresses your misconception quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
If you don't realize by now, each spec has different strengths and weaknesses. There is no one right spec, it's going to mainly come down to the individual.

Destruction is NOT the best BG spec.

I didn't realize Affliction getting more buffs in 3.3 and Destruction getting nerfed equals Affliction getting thrown under the bus. Should give Affliction a try again, especially with the new Quick of Decay Glyph and use the Corruption glyph too. The amount of damage and shadowtrance procs we get now is insane.

I don't hide when I play Affliction. I tank, juke, dot every thing in sight of me, Fear bomb, and go to town on people. If you know how to play at all, Affliction is completely devastating. Just because you're bad and gso as Affliction doesn't give you the right to blame the tree. You should take a good look in the mirror. More and more locks are going towards Affliction for a reason.
(Slightly edited for emphasis.)
Old December 28, 2009, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Asatru

Go to a BG yourself and see for yourself what tree is the most popular among Locks in BGs.

Or quote what's his name.

lol
Old December 28, 2009, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Supernex
90 Human Warlock
Akama US PvP

Quote:
Go to a BG yourself and see for yourself what tree is the most popular among Locks in BGs.
You falsely assume that I don't already do this. Not that this proves anything, but the WSG I just got out of had 1 Demo lock and 2 Afflic locks on our side, and I only ran across one lock on the Horde side and it was Demo. (I was playing on my rogue, otherwise I would have counted myself as a Destro lock.)
Old December 29, 2009, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Delily
80 Undead Warlock
Andorhal US PvP

Quote:
People want to top damage and kill counts, and with no real healing around, Destruction does that best. It doesn't change the fact that Affliction can put an immense strain on a healer.

Quote:

Affliction is probably the best warlock spec at the moment.
Old December 30, 2009, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Hellzix
80 Undead Warlock
Silver Hand US RP Guild: Bloodbound

Destruction gives you Shadowfury, that second form of CC can be a huge help to supplment Fear and Seduction. I'm tempted to try affy out to see how the changes have worked but the sheer number of melee out there make Backlask a nice talent to have as well, to say nothing of Molten Skin.

All things being equal I can usually run the table on Affy locks ( I PvP as 0/20/51), though I might die after they are dead. If you PvP'ed in an organized group , I could see affliction being out right devastating.
Hellzbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2009, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
Léthe
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Archimonde US PvP
Guild: obamunism

If I remember right it is from the movie "Dragon Heart", can remember who said it, but I just watched it like 2 weeks ago.
Léthe is offline   Reply With Quote