The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » The Warlocks Den Help Center » Help Me, I'm Broken! » Demo-Lock is looking for improved DPS

Help Me, I'm Broken! DPS Issues, Gear Help Needed? or Need Advice on a Talent Build? Post here by using the Help Me form.

Old September 28, 2010, 03:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
Dancewithorc
85 Human Warlock
EU-Nozdormu Euro PvE
Guild: Malfurions Gefährten
Profile: WoW Rankings
Talent Tree: Affliction
Demo-Lock is looking for improved DPS

Help me, I'm broken!
Please Enter a Thread Title
Demo-Lock is looking for improved DPS
Character Name
Dancewithorc
Armory Link
The World of Warcraft Armory - Dancewithorc @ Nozdormu - Profile
Content Type
Raiding
Additional Details
3% hit buff from raid, fishfeast, frostwyrm
What's the problem?
Just started my lock in Feb therefore the T10 set is not completed, I'm looking for the helm, but would that be enough or should I go for the other 2 as well (CAC ante portas)
DanceOrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old September 29, 2010, 05:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Demo-Lock is looking for improved DPS

4 x T10 is best choice for all raiding specs(as discussed in several threads), so after you got helm, aim for T10 chest, and if you're lucky you get T10 pants from voa which will complete the set, your gloves seem imba already.
Spellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2010, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
Kurupd
80 Undead Warlock
Area 52 US PvE
Guild: guildless swag
Profile: Blizzard Armory

You should not be specced into suppression if you are demonology, especially since you are already at 17%. Get rid of that healing trinket, get the 232 one from ToC 10 Heroic spyglass , both of those trinkets have higher dps because both effects affect dps.

You should work on getting 4 piece set bonus, also replacing gear pieces that have spirit with crit + haste is always a dps boost.
Kurupd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2010, 01:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Dancewithorc
85 Human Warlock
EU-Nozdormu Euro PvE

you're right, just got my new pants in ICC25 yesterday improving my hit no's significantly. Will change my talents right today. Unfortunately so far I'm still running ToC and ICC for the trinkets you mentioned, but either it doesn't dropp or I roll bad :-( (e.g. last time it was a 3 and the one who got it rolled a 4^^) - generally speaking where should my dps be to be called a bit better than average? currently I'm running 5-9k Dps in ICC should it be roughly at 10k?

Thanks for your advice.
Old October 06, 2010, 03:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Infernity
80 Human Warlock
The Maelstrom Euro PvP
Guild: Hawks Reborn
Profile:
3.3 Re: Demo-Lock is looking for improved DPS

with the 2 points in supression, you can lose some hit, for example, you can replace the hit gem in your shoulders, and the back too and remember to get the spellthread for the trousers, though i understand they are new.

you should maybe consider getting the crafted bracers, in ally, they're called Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers, and though they're a lower ilevel, they are, or maybe grab the BoE lady's brittle bracers?

also, regarding the trinket, just run toc normal, as it's not hc, you can really farm it. grab a friendly tank and farm!

ty

Last edited by infernity; October 06, 2010 at 03:14 AM..
infernity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2010, 07:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

3.3 Re: Demo-Lock is looking for improved DPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupd View Post
Get rid of that healing trinket, get the 232 one from ToC 10 Heroic spyglass , both of those trinkets have higher dps because both effects affect dps.
No that's not how to evaluate trinkets. That "healing" trinket Lunar Dust is actually better than his other trinket NMIC, also better than anything from ToC 10 or any level 232 one, if you meant abyssal rune, that may be Slightly better but first i'd get rid of NMIC. See http://wowmb.net/forums/f104/38891-t...ers_all_specs/
Spellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2010, 07:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Dancewithorc
85 Human Warlock
EU-Nozdormu Euro PvE

Well I have the Sliver of pure ice in my warehouse too, but its not mentioned on the trinkets in your link, should I wear it instead of the NMIC until I get the spyglass?
Old December 03, 2010, 01:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Dancewithorc
85 Human Warlock
EU-Nozdormu Euro PvE

So now I'm still waiting for the drop of some nice items I could improve my stats e.g. haste now 1366 plus buff-food = 1406 and still yesterday in Ulduar my dps was roughly at 5.5k and the destrolock had 7.5k dps - what do you think, is this justified by the destro/demo difference only or by the items that I wear (the destro is nice equipped - 10man raid poss.) or could that be me and my rotation that causes a lack of 2k dps. I'm not too concerned as we where no.1 and no.2 in the raids damage but still I'm not sure if I'm doing best and thats what I'm looking for. Is there any demo-expert there who can give me some hints? If it would help I can post a combatlog as well. rgds Dance
Old December 03, 2010, 03:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Jenerena
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Executus Euro PvP
Guild: Deliverance
Profile: Blizzard Armory

I suggest you take a look at this guide, it should be a lot of help.
Jenren22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2010, 08:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
Dancewithorc
85 Human Warlock
EU-Nozdormu Euro PvE

Thx, I'm aware of that guide which looks very nice to me, unfortunately practical live shows that you can plan according to this guide but then something like flash ice etc. happens and/or you have to move and all planning is gone. You may say that affects even the other lock in my raid, yes, but he is still doing roughly 2 - 2.5k more dps. What I'm wondering is if from your experience my current armory

Dancewithorc @ Nozdormu - World of Warcraft

is good enough to measure myself with other locks in ICC etc. and where I might need to improve my coordination brain-finger which might be the harder part^^.