The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS Discussion » Amplify Curse

Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS Discussion DoT's and Curses and Nukes, oh my! Discussion threads on everything relating to the Warlocks Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS.

Old October 25, 2008, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Amplify Curse

Welcome to the discussion thread on everything "Amplify Curse". Below you will find some useful information to give you a rough overview of this talent and how it comes into play, followed by comments, opinions and information from Warlocks who have first have experience with it. This thread is here to ask questions, seek advice and provide help and information on everything relating to Amplify Curse. Please remember to keep all replies on topic and polite.

Talent information:
Talent Tree: Affliction, Tier 3
Requires: 10 points already spent in Affliction Talents
A passive buff that reduces the global cool down of your Curses

Ranks:
Rank 1: Reduces the global cool down of your Curses by 0.5 sec.

Further Explanation:
Info to be taken from your replies...

Talent while Levelling:

Talent in 5 Man Instances:

Talent while Raiding:

Talent in PvP Battlegrounds:

Talent in Arenas:

Additional information / Common Questions:

Related Discussions:

Pre Wrath of the Lich King Threads:

They're, there, their? Wear, were, where? Test yourself!
Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old October 25, 2008, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Character Info
Xavron
80 Gnome Warlock
Moon Guard US RP PvE
Guild: Veritas
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Re: Amplify Curse

As the talent stands right now (reducing cast time on curses by 0.5 sec) - it's not worth the talent point. Unless you absolutely have to take it in order to get the Curse of Exhaustion (1 pt) talent.

It sounds nice in theory to reduce the GCD by 0.5 seconds after casting a curse, but ultimately it doesn't really help.
XavronMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2008, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
I CAN HAZ UR HP?
70 Orc Warlock
Maiev US PvP
Guild: Relapse

The most worthless talent ever created.... I understand they want us to be able to cast another spell quicker right after a curse, but is a .5 second extra on my corruption or haunt really going to make a bit of difference? Hell no... on top of it, we use one curse per fight... I want my curse to do double damage, not have less GCD.... meh... whatever, thanks Blizz.
phoenixzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2008, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Kalium
90 Human Warlock
Baelgun US PvE
Talent Tree: Demonology

I agree... combine Amplify Curse with Improved Curse of Agony and Improved Curse of Weakness (Frailty) to make it a two point talent: Amplify Curses ~ Increase the effectiveness of all your Curses by 10/20%. Clean... simple.... effective.

Kalium
Old October 29, 2008, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
Mandalai
80 Human Warlock
Skullcrusher US PvP
Guild: Forgotten Prophets

after the patch I removed it from my spellbook - just isn't very useful. They should make an amplify death coil, cos boy do i love that death coil! and it's cooldown is quite slow.
mandalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2008, 11:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

If you "mass curse" a couple of mobs it shows a difference. I doubt though that it's worth it. On as side note: You will probably stack some haste anyway but the curses will stay at 1 sec as it is the minimum GCD As far as I know.
If that talent would remove the GCD would be quite cool for macros, it would mean curse+DOT instantly on a target.
neej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2008, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Kalium
90 Human Warlock
Baelgun US PvE
Talent Tree: Demonology

Quote:
Originally Posted by neej View Post
If you "mass curse" a couple of mobs it shows a difference. I doubt though that it's worth it. On as side note: You will probably stack some haste anyway but the curses will stay at 1 sec as it is the minimum GCD As far as I know.
If that talent would remove the GCD would be quite cool for macros, it would mean curse+DOT instantly on a target.
Mass Curse for the Win!... turn Amplify Curse back into a clicky... instead of increasing damage is remade into: Mass Curse ~ The next Curse you cast has it's mana cost increased 300% and effects all targets not already cursed in an 8 yrd radius.

Kalium
Old October 29, 2008, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Maluber
80 Human Warlock
Thunderhorn Euro PvE
Guild: Silk n Steel
amp curse bugged?

I thought i'd try out amp curse now they have changed it to make your curses have a 1sec GCD but the issue is that my CD of ALL my spells are still the same. Does anyone else have this problem or is it even worth spending 1 point in this talent when it can be spent elsewhere.
Maluber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2008, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Garagos
85 Undead Warlock
Laughing Skull US PvP
Guild: Forgotten Legion
Talent Tree: Affliction
Re: amp curse bugged?

I think most people are of the opinion this is not a very good talent, even if it is only one point. Yeah, it reduces your curses CD but that doesn't let you cast anything but another curse faster. So the only time it would help, and even this is minimal, is if you're fighting lower level mobs where a single curse of agony will eventually kill them, and you just want to pull a bunch quickly. Like i said, even that is not very useful, cuz SoC would probably be more effective for this type of thing.

The only real reason to take Amp Curse is so you can get Curse of Exhaustion, at least imo.
Garagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2008, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
Akashy
80 Blood Elf Warlock
Kel'Thuzad US PvP
Guild: Lazerpewpewpew
Re: amp curse bugged?

Now it doesn't even AMP your curses...why they didn't change the name with the tooltip I don't know. A useless talent IMO, for PvE anyways. Like Gara siad, only take it if you want exhaustion. Other than that its pointless.

**edit**

Just read some posts on wowhead about this, seems CoEx also got nerfed, only 30% speed reduction. So all in all a lot of uselessness there...of course this is from a PvE perspective, I don't PvP much on my lock.

Last edited by Akashy; October 29, 2008 at 03:35 PM..
Akashy is offline   Reply With Quote