The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS Discussion » How to name your Demon

Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS Discussion DoT's and Curses and Nukes, oh my! Discussion threads on everything relating to the Warlocks Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS.

Old December 02, 2010, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Character Info
LockyBalboa
85 Troll Warlock
Sen'Jin US PvE
Guild: The Asylum
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Affliction
4.0 How to name your Demon

It is entirely possible that I missed a post or thread on this during the Thanksgiving holiday, but thought it would be better to be safe and post the information here anyway. This was found through WoWInsider's Daily Quest column and links to a player blog.

Demon Trainers apparently now allow you to purchase a new demon (read: name) for 50 gold. So if your felguard has an incredibly feminine name and you want something a little more burly, you can try your luck. The new name is also generated at random, but there is no limit to how often you can do this as far as I know. I can never imagine getting rid of Yazkol and Kreedrom, but some others may want to.

Link to blog: How to Rename your Demons

lb1
Old December 02, 2010, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Character Info
Glargh
85 Undead Warlock
Hellscream US PvE
Guild: Convictions
Talent Tree: Destruction
4.0 Re: How to name your Demon

This is great! Some of my demons have served me well and deserve to retire in luxury in another plane.

I actually made this exact same suggestion on the official forums. I really do think Blizzard listens, as I've made a dozen or so suggestions over the years and only two of them have gone unanswered.

The first was that at level 80, flight masters in Kalimdor and Eastern Plaguelands would have a faster mount that you could choose from that would cost a few gold per flight, instead of a few silver. It would be a good gold sink and would have shaved a few meaningless hours off of my time chasing the Loremaster achievement.

The other suggestion was for end game fishing. For exceptionally valuable fish, the fishing rod would have buttons on your bar like an in game vehicle. Buttons like give slack, yank, and reel would let you actually fight the fish, instead of just clicking on a bobber.

Anyway, thanks Blizz!
rooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2010, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Character Info
Purgatoria
90 Gnome Warlock
Stormreaver US PvP
Guild: Pest Control

My imp is Volbis. It always sounds like some part of the female anatomy to me. I may look into this.
Nymerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2010, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Character Info
Rulerglaxton
85 Human Warlock
galakrond US PvE
Guild: ROA

Yeah, my name for my imp is Zigbiz.. think ill stick with that one. If there going to let you re-roll a name, perhaps we should have the chance to give a name of our exact choosing. Just sayin...

Warlock's are feared and hated for a reason, we dot, they rot, we run away laughing
Glaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2010, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Character Info
charnyl
85 Orc Warlock
Mal'Ganis US PvP
Guild: OldFartsGaming
Re: How to name your Demon

there have been multiple posts already on the topic. When we search for a topic before starting a new thread, it is sometimes necessary to search various phrases and various combinations. This is only my suggestion.
charnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2010, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Character Info
Kins
80 Human Warlock
Kilrogg US Guild: Greed and Gratification

Srutumm....... I got laughed at so hard whenever i was playing afflic.... (Mostly back in naxx days)..... Me thinks i'll change it.
Old December 02, 2010, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Character Info
Frelic
79 Human Warlock
The Venture Co. US RP PvP
Guild: The Dark One

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooter View Post
This is great! Some of my demons have served me well and deserve to retire in luxury in another plane.
they don't retire, the are destroyed... mwuhahaha
Old December 02, 2010, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Character Info
Xebeche
85 Undead Warlock
Icecrown US PvE
Guild: Dungeon Crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymerius View Post
My imp is Volbis. It always sounds like some part of the female anatomy to me. I may look into this.
Interesting choice of words there.
Xebeche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 02, 2010, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Character Info
Fearsomeone
85 Gnome Warlock
boulderfist US PvP
Talent Tree: Demonology
Re: How to name your Demon

Kreedom -felpup, Zorpep -imp , Glyynda - succubus, Erakinimul - felguard, Zar' Nagma- VW I got real lucky with my demon names .
fearsomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2010, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Character Info
mamaleola
80 Human Warlock
echo isle US PvE
Guild: Kharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymerius View Post
OMG so is mine!! I always say it sounds like a female part as well...lmao!!
mamaleola is offline   Reply With Quote