The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock DiscussionsThe Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions

Member Login
Forgot Password?

Please Register to Remove these Ads

The Warlocks Den - WoW Warlock Discussions » Discussion Forums » Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS Discussion » RiP affli

Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS Discussion DoT's and Curses and Nukes, oh my! Discussion threads on everything relating to the Warlocks Spells, Talents, Pets and DPS.

Old February 12, 2011, 06:48 PM   #41 (permalink)

4.0 Re: RiP affli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanix View Post
My main source of amusement are the people who are actually getting angry about the patch, because they're not top of the DPS list by miles anymore. You're 2nd top dps? out of 6? oh the pain!
I agree with you on this, I've seen this for years in this game, folks use a damage meter to equate their self worth. If their dps is high then it's "OMG, Look how awesome I am" and they do stupid things like post Recount after a trash pull and if their dps is lower than they expect then they feel lesser about themselves . Good players adjust to each patch, whiners will announce things like "I'm quitting WoW" after their class gets nerfed, like thats hurting somebody, or they announce a new main (usually a class that has received a big buff) that is of course until Warlocks get buffed again.
Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Recommended Guide

lb1
Old February 23, 2011, 05:17 PM   #42 (permalink)

Character Info
wiggins
Gnome Warlock
Ahn Qiraj Euro PvP
Re: RiP affli

My thoughts exactly

Affli / Destro Lock
dotmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2011, 05:08 PM   #43 (permalink)

Character Info
Xaviorious
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Frostmane US PvP
Guild: Unforgiven
Profile: Blizzard Armory
Talent Tree: Affliction

I am trying, i really am trying but when i think i finally have a hold on what i am doing i am slapped back to the bottom by a mage.

Affliction is not dead but it died for me when i jumped into a Heroic with my guild and we had to leave, when i asked why it was because we didnt have a toon in the heroic who could CC.
my heart sank.

Guys, help me out here.
Old February 25, 2011, 05:31 PM   #44 (permalink)

Character Info
Minibro
85 Gnome Warlock
Kilrogg US PvE
Guild: For the Perks
Talent Tree: Destruction

Well then, take a look on wow.joystiq.com today - there's a "which class do you love to have in your group" posting (Breakfast Topic: What class puts you at ease?). Warlocks don't do very well there - mages and hunters are favorite cc, shadow priests for dps and the healing they bring. We don't even get hated (mostly DK's get that) - just that nobody really thinks about locks much it seems.
Minibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2011, 05:56 PM   #45 (permalink)

Character Info
LockyBalboa
85 Troll Warlock
Sen'Jin US PvE
Guild: The Asylum
Talent Tree: Affliction

I have been running destro and affliction since the patch and I have not seen a huge drop off in my damage. I ran my first raid (The TB one) yesterday, and still managed to top the meters in affliction.

Another point that can be brought up is that even though I may fall behind several other classes/specs in DPS, I am almost always near the top of the meters in Damage Done. Unless the fight is a straight up DPS race, then I think that damage done means a hell of a lot more than DPS does.
Old February 25, 2011, 08:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

Character Info
Clovendead
85 Undead Warlock
Moonrunner US PvE
Guild: Evolution
Profile:
Talent Tree: Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviorious View Post
I am trying, i really am trying but when i think i finally have a hold on what i am doing i am slapped back to the bottom by a mage.

Affliction is not dead but it died for me when i jumped into a Heroic with my guild and we had to leave, when i asked why it was because we didnt have a toon in the heroic who could CC.
my heart sank.

Guys, help me out here.
Warlock CC and You: How to Crowd Control Like a Pro in Cataclysm | Cynwise's Battlefield Manual

This really helped me a lot in PVE the macros work great but the mouse over targeting takes a bit to get used to.
Clovendead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2011, 12:31 AM   #47 (permalink)

Character Info
Chizon
80 Orc Warlock
Auchindoun US PvP
Guild: Unstable

last man standing but then soul link is kinda op for pve stuff....
Chism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 02, 2011, 06:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Sin

Character Info
Sinjara
80 Undead Warlock
Hellfire Euro PvE
Guild: Heathen Dogs

I agree with you that affli seems dead, vlakarados. I've always liked affli the best and the healers are also very grateful whenever I actually get to play affli. Now I'm mostly a fire mage or a Hellfire bot(oh wait! that got nerfed, too...). I saw some 4.1 patch notes as of feb 28th that haunt would get buffed, but I haven't seen it in the newer posts on mmo-champion. Maybe a repeat of the bad old vanilla days before locks became playable raid bosses is afoot?